Sonus Faber Extrema:Used price?.
Aug 27, 2006 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if any headfiers could help me out.

I fancy auditioning the Sonus Faber Extrema's. If I understand correctly they have been discontinued and much sought after.

One has popped up. It's a bit of a drive 4 hours each way. I tried looking on Audiogon on a used price but there aren't any listed for sale.

I was wondering what kind of money are we talking about for an excellent condition pair.

The seller wants 4k sterling. Is this price reasonable on the off chance I like the sound. Or is it way overpriced.

Thanks for any advice.

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 9
Its been awhile since I have seen them for sale on audiogon around 4500-5500 USD,I saw one local for under 4000 once.
Seem to be hard to drive so by reveiws,never heard them.

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Its been awhile since I have seen them for sale on audiogon around 4500-5500 USD,I saw one local for under 4000 once.
Seem to be hard to drive so by reveiws,never heard them.

Thanks. His price did seem a little steep for me. But then I don't think I have seen one come up on audiogon used

If there is any locally that pops up let me know. I fancy taking another trip to the apple again.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Thanks. His price did seem a little steep for me. But then I don't think I have seen one come up on audiogon used

If there is any locally that pops up let me know. I fancy taking another trip to the apple again.

Mike
I will pm you if I see one come up,If you make it back to NY I have a Islander's hat with your name on it I got at a Islander Game.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Mike
I will pm you if I see one come up,If you make it back to NY I have a Islander's hat with your name on it I got at a Islander Game.

You got me an Islanders hat. Oh man that is beyond. What can I say but thank you.

I am finding it difficult to audition speakers where I live. We have the usaul like dynaudios, B&w's etc. But for lesser known brands it is proving difficult.

OT Who's your fave islanders player? For me it would have to be Potvin. Besides the checking what a wrist shot from the blue line.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 9
By sterling, you don't mean British pounds, do you?

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
By sterling, you don't mean British pounds, do you?

Yes. There are two currently up for sale. One is at 4k. The other is at 3.5k. The lower priced one there are no pics and from this website it doesn;t tell you anything about the feedback of the seller.

The pricier one has pics and feedback which I consider trustworthy.

But I am not so sure I am willing to pay 4k for them. Yet from Boze post a few have appeared on Audiogon US for around 4-5.5k US$.

I would rather fly to the US and arrange shipping home.

I want tro try these particular set of Sonus Fabers as from the posts I have read on Audiogon they seem to offer the advantages of the Sonus sound that I feel that might suit my taste's but without the shortcomings of the current Sonus range.

Alternatively I could try to pick up a used Sonus stradivari but that means I would be driving them with a t-amp as that would leave little room left in my budget
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by revo_909
my local hifi shop has them for AU$6999, probably less if you can sweet talk them, but shipping cost might be a killer.

Do you have a website link? I assume that is for a used pair? As the price sounds a bit too good to be true for it to be new.

You can PM me the link if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back