Sonos owners club
Dec 17, 2009 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alcyst

100+ Head-Fier
Why not? They are great units.

Though with a Sonos, just as with any media server type setup, is the "Source component" the HD, the computer (if one is in the data stream), the Sonos, or a DAC?

I have a Sonos setup and went to my local high-end audio shop for advice on what sort of DAC would go well with my ZP90. Would an EMU 0404 be sensible, or would a higher end DAC get better SQ. The answer surprised me. The guy thought medium range DACs (PSAudio Digital Link III) would certainly be worthwhile, and that high end DACs would make sense, especially after an upgrade from someone like Audiocom.

Anyone out there with a Sonos feeding a serious DAC, with or without a mod?

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 7
While not a high end DAC, I have my Sonos connect connected optical to a Keces DA131.1 and much prefer that to the naked Sonos.      I'm planning to replace the Keces with a Schiit Modi 2 multibit in the near future which might be a less expensive option for you to try vs. the $550.   

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 7
HA!   So yes it is LOL ... idiot hard at work right here.   

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #6 of 7
Not any activity on this thread. All the sonos owners have moved on to another streaming product?

I have been looking at the Aurender N100H and wondering if anyone has made a similar upgrade and had SQ improvements?

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 7
is it possible to use chromecast/google units together with sonos?
(play same sound on all units)
have a google home and a chromecast audio , wanna expand my multiroom. and the new sonos stuff from ikea looks like a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back