Sonoma State University
Sep 27, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Chiliman

500+ Head-Fier
I was just interested if there were any other head-fiers that attend SSU?

Any Alumni?

Sep 28, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 17
Damn, I hate to say I didn't know it existed.
blink.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
blink.gif

The funniest thing is it is in Rohnert Park and not in Sonoma. Imagine if SF State was in Oakland or something. Stupid.

[don't bring up the Sonoma County crap, state schools are named after cities]

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
blink.gif

ditto... and i shoulda known...

btw: the pictures on the website make it look really pretty...

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 17
At least one of my sisters graduated from Sonoma State and both of them attended there. Good school, Chiliman. Are you signed up for our Marin meet on 10/14? An easy hop for you down to Larkspur or whereever it is. Check out the meetings forum.

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #8 of 17
I had no clue about the Marin County meet, sounds cool, would be my first one.

Sep 29, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiliman
agh, i figured it was futile anyway.

Dude, it's not futile because from your thread you learned of a nearby very excellent meet that is happening and you will get to know many local Head-Fiers there who may not be on campus with you but who will be within mini-meeting distance for sure.

Cheers!

Sep 29, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
The funniest thing is it is in Rohnert Park and not in Sonoma. Imagine if SF State was in Oakland or something. Stupid.

Has to do with marketing: San Francisco International Airport isn't in San Francisco, but nobody would fly into Milbrae International. Just the same, Cal State Rohnert Park just doesn't have the right ring to it.

In a different, but related, topic: did you notice that Cal State Hayward has been renamed Cal State East Bay?

Oh and uh...I had a friend that went to Sonoma State back in the '80s. I hung out there for a week once and thought it was pretty cool...saw a killer blues show at the Cotati Cabaret.

Sep 29, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
ditto... and i shoulda known... come to think of it, i've never really been north of Sacramento before, except in passing through.

Sonoma State is southwest of Sacramento!

Oct 12, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Way prettier than that Davis place, that's for sure. :p

Boo, I've lived in RP almost my whole life and it is definately not prettier than Davis (if you're talking about Davis, CA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back