SonicStage problems (yes there are people still using it)
Dec 10, 2006 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DJShadow

1000+ Head-Fier
SonicStage has never really given me any problems up until now. Its now incapable of fully ripping CDs-It'll get to part way through and then greet me with the message 'An error has occurred while trying to preparing to import the disc. Please try again', followed by the number '00000415', after the which the proceeding message is 'Cannot read this cd, 00000013'. It even fails to rip CDs that I've been able to rip once before-well I've tried another CD that worked before, that has successfully ripped but I'm guessing that was because it was relatively short (<30mins). All other failed CDs were >45mins long, which I'm presuming is linked to the problem.

My hardware is definitely up to scratch and nothing fundanetally has changed. The most recent change I did make was installing NET framework 2.0 and some other updates. Perhaps I should search here?

Can the collective power of (all 4 people using SonicStage on) Head-Fi help me out here?

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 8
SonicStage is extremely fickle when it comes to doing... well anything. I've had it function fine for weeks before just randomly doing weird things, other times it'll do weird things straight after installation. Luckily I don't need it anymore (sold my Sony NW-HD3 a while back) but have you tried MP3 File Manager? it works with all Sony players, just drag+drop. It would work fine, unless you're using Minidisc, then I'm not sure what you could do...

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the reply. I've finally managed to rip what I wanted, but its extremely random-I finish ripping one CD, move onto the subsequent CD and it'll fail to copy that entirely. I've tried mp3 file manager but as with most things Sony, they only playback ATRAC gapless. Maybe I should just pack it in and get an ipod...
plainface.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Do you have the latest version of SonicStage? (4.2) Works fine for me.

Dec 11, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 8
After having intermittent hardware problems with my a3000 I've determined that trying to hunt down those error codes is virtually useless. Take a look a atraclife.net, they've got some decent forums devoted to the few of us that use SONY's software...

And while it may be a bit too optimistic to consider, could it just simply be a worn out optical drive?

Dec 11, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #7 of 8
Ive never used SonicStage, never got it to work. In the past I would use RealPlayer's MD plugin or Simple Burner (for actual cd).

Then lately, I found out I can burn an 'image' audio cd to my hard drive using Nero. In Nero, instead of selecting your dvd/cd writer drive, select the image drive (your harddrive). Mount the audio image using Daemon Tools, and have Simple Burner read off from this image. The process is so much smoother now, as even RealPlayer's would not burn some specific mp3 tracks.

Ive had errors with the minidisc player burning, uninstalling and reinstalling the netmd driver may fix it for you.

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey thanks for all the responses. I upgraded to 4.2 a few months ago and never had any such problems during then. I've been using my new notebook for a while now and for SonicStage to mess up like this is unexpected. I'm pretty certain that my optical drive is not worn because I just burned in total 8GBs of data in the past 2 days. I have posted my problem over at atraclife but the responder has just said check my optical drive
rolleyes.gif

Well nevermind, I've been wanting a new player for ages anyway. Superbaldguy: you got any news on any future releases?
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back