SonicStage: Not as bad as I remember it to be. :O
Jan 21, 2007 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
So I just got another NW-E507 (1GB) for helluva bargain. $50CDN is damn cheap for a moderate used one.

Anyways, to transfer music in, you must use SS. I know many of you dread this program and I used to as well.

But today, I install the latest version, SonicStage 4.2 CP, and surprisingly, I found to be a BIIIIIIIG improvement upon which I used before. There's barely any lag (with several bunch of programs on) and it doesn't make duplicates of every damn song I put in there unless I wanna re-encode a lossless file to Atrac3plus.

Yeah, sure, it's still quite slow at transferring songs in but it's very organized, which I love, and I think it's not a problem to me anymore.

Anyone else thought this? At least now, I don't have to worry about getting a Sony DAP. I've been itching to get the S7xx series...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 6
Sonic stage has slowly evolved from the worst software I ever experienced (2.x) into something rather usuable.
Not perfect, but certainly good enough; reliable; I haven't experienced crashes or freezes once in 4.x, faster, more userfriendly, the DRM restrictions on copying times are removed etc.
The way ignorant people sometimes still describe SS as a piece of crap is unjustified and outdated parrotting-for-streetcred IMO.

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 6
The software is pretty damn decent IMO. I've used it to rip a large number of CDs and convert into ATRAC, which Sony hardware (car deck) does a real nice job with. I'm usually very opposed to processing of any type, but this bit of technology they've come up with has really surprised me.

As for their DAPs... I have no experience whatsoever.

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 6
I last touched SS when I had a Sony HD3 (given to my bro now). Back then it was 2.3 and absolutely infuriating to use. Final straw came when it said my HD3 had already been registered when I tried to use it on the 2nd family PC. Arrrgh! I hear its been much improved, so hey, good for people who buy Sony

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 6
The newest version of Sonicstage is outstanding, but I did experience one issue. The CONNECT music store asked me to update my browser even though I was using IE 7. I had to actually roll back to IE 6 in order to get the store to work.

Buy one get one free albums on Tuesdays and the ability to convert downloaded ATRAC files to unprotected MP3 more than makes up for that small issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back