Sonicstage confusion
Jun 29, 2005 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daymouse

New Head-Fier
Hi

Ok i just treated myself to a sony HD3 but since this software im kind of regreting it!!

Its like it has a mind of its own im not sure whats happening when i import my albums.

Ok the 1st 2 albums i imported it did fine the 1st Akon poped up showing as an album not a seperate singles, the next album Basment Jaxx which was 2 cds both in different did the same it popped both cds into one folder which is ok but it would be better if it seperated them into two different folders so i can clearly see whats what.

Now for my third album which is a double and each cd is in a folder called CD1 and CD2 which are within another folder called big tunes, all it does is imports the songs but doesnt put them in one folder like previously it puts them in a big list which is really annoying.

Does anyone know what is happening why its organising some ok but not other albums?

If you dont know what i mean heres an example,

Album---------------Artist---------------Genre

The Singles----------Basmentjaxx--------Dance
Trouble--------------Akon---------------R&B
BigTunes 2 CD1------Cabin Crew---------Dance
BigTunes 2 CD1------Studio B------------Dance
BigTunes 2 CD1------Soul Central---------Dance
BigTunes 2 CD1------Uniting Nations------Dance
etc
etc
etc

Please help

Thanks

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 7
I'd like to find out myself. I have similar problems important an album or two. It'll divide the songs into two different albums or only import some of the songs. Maybe there's some conflict in reading tags or something?

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 7
Is that how it shows on the player or just in SS? The album that has different artists within, should show up in the music library as one album if sorting by album, and if sorting by artists will show seperately listed. If looking at the player through SS it will transfer these in seperate groups since they have different assigned artists. However, when navigating the player itself should have just one album when sorting by album.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi

Admin could you please close my other post as i have moved onto sonicstage 2.3

Thanks

But could anyone help with 2.3

The problem is when i import into the library nearly all my albums just come up as cd1 and cd2

so i just have a massive list of albums called cd1 and cd2 of wich i cant tell which album is which.

Even though i have used a program to update all my id3v tags to make sure all fields are correct in every album.

The strange thing is if i import them all in itunes it works fine.

Where does sonic get this information from and how can i fix it??

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 7
I came accross this as well recently and there is an easier explanation. Sonic Stage unlike Itunes or winamp does not read the part of the ID tag that is the "disc 1 of 2" section. So what happens then is that you get the two cds combined with each song1 then each song 2 and so on. With this it then sorts the song1s alphabetically.

Very annoying. What I did is go back and change the CD titles to Album Title-CD1, Album Title CD2 and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back