SonicStage + Album Art - Am I missing something?
Apr 29, 2005 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ssmithuk

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm now the proud owner of a 40gb Sony Pocket Vaio. Great hardware, but SonicStage is satan. As you all know, one of the nice features of the Vaio is the use of album art on the display. Having toyed with the feature, it's defintiely a gimmick I approve of.

I've already got a large --aps MP3 collection that I have ripped myself with EAC and LAME, and have been collecting album coverart by placing 'Folder.jpg' in the appropriate folder, and managing my collection with Foobar 2K.

Importing the music into SonicStage isn't so bad just for the transfer, but manually adding the Album Art is tedious. Plus, I can't see any way of getting SonicStage to use the picture in the folder, or download the art for me.

I've taken a look at what goes on behind the scenes in SonicStage, and I'm sure that I can write a program to import the art into the SonicStage database. Before I go ahead and spend a couple of hours coding this up, can anyone confirm that I am not missing a feature that will save me some time??

Regards,

ssmith.

Apr 29, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
OK, I'm gonna start on this tommorow then, unless any SonicStage experts can save me the trouble.
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmithuk
OK, I'm gonna start on this tommorow then, unless any SonicStage experts can save me the trouble.
biggrin.gif

I have a large collection of MP3's all ripped EAC LAME. I then use Tag & Rename to tag all the files and add album art. Tag & Rename grabs the album art from Amazon automatically and writes it into the tag.

I then scan my Music folder with Sonicstage and it automatically finds the music, adds it as an album and correctly displays and uses the album art.

I name all my album art as cover.jpg. Though I most likely does not matter what it is named.

Lawrence

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 4
OK, so SS is picking it up from the Tag rather than Cover.jpg (I'll check that).

I'm not willing to embed the art inside the files themselves, so looks like I'll be hacking the SS database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back