SonicStage 3.2 ...
Aug 1, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 44
I upgraded from SS 3.1 to SS 3.2 and did not have to re-initialize my Pocket VAIO. Worked perfect. All 8000+ songs showed up in my library and the pocket VAIO connected and I was able to transfer songs without a problem.

3.2 is faster and seems more responsive than 3.1.

I am happy with it.

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerith
I upgraded from SS 3.1 to SS 3.2 and did not have to re-initialize my Pocket VAIO. Worked perfect. All 8000+ songs showed up in my library and the pocket VAIO connected and I was able to transfer songs without a problem.

3.2 is faster and seems more responsive than 3.1.

I am happy with it.

this is truly great news, but how come LiquidX did have to and you didn't?

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #33 of 44
192K ATRAC3+ seems to be the only 'new' bitrate supported by the current (Japanese-release) firmware + SS 3.2 combination at the moment. I ripped to 160K as well, but I realised later I didn't actually transfer those files... all the albums I put on were 192K ATRAC3+. All other bitrates trigger a conversion.

Aug 2, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
this is truly great news, but how come LiquidX did have to and you didn't?

Not sure but maybe becuase he has the HD5 and not the VAIO?

I have upgraded in the past with Sonic Stage and never had to re-initialize. I do not un-install the previous version of SS, I alway install on top and let the install program handle upgrading and removing the old version.

The only time I had to re-initialize was when I did a format and clean install of my system. Other than that it has not forced me to do so on upgrades.

Aug 2, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #35 of 44
I had to re-initialize both my Vaio Pocket (as I stated earlier in this thread) and NW-E507. I have no idea why some do and some don't, however, I'm very curious.

If someone comes up with an answer to this, please post in this thread.

confused.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #36 of 44
heres a quick question for you guys- if i rename songs on my hd-5, is it possible to make playlists? from my understanding- you have to select songs on your pc to make a playlist, then import it to the player.. now, by modifying the name on the player and not the pc- will it try to copy the original mp3s (the ones on the pc whos names havent been altered) back to the player?? thanks

Aug 3, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #37 of 44
I upgraded from SS 2.3 to 3.2 yesterday, and I had to initialise my Vaio Pocket. Wasn't too much of a deal since most of my files are in the library anyways.

I ripped a song from a CD at ATRAC3 320kbps and tried to transfer it to the Vaio Pocket however Sonicstage converted it 64kbps and then transfered. So I guess the Vaio Pocket doesn't support the new bitrates; and I don't see Sony putting out another Vaio Pocket firmware anytime soon.

What's the battery life on everyone else's Vaio Pockets? I reckon I'm getting 12 or so hours with mostly high bitrate mp3s and constantly using the unit controls; hence the LCD is always turning on and off. The first two notches of the battery meter seems to deplete faster than the other two; as once I had about 5-6 hours continuous playback on the last notch!
confused.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #38 of 44
I didn't try 3.2 myself yet, because it's not yet out here and in the past reinitializing was required if I used SS from another part of the world, which might explain the different experiences reported here.

Aug 3, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #39 of 44
Hey dura, I updated to 3.2, and everything works fine, even managed to buy a track from the european connect store!

Aug 3, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura
I didn't try 3.2 myself yet, because it's not yet out here and in the past reinitializing was required if I used SS from another part of the world, which might explain the different experiences reported here.

During installation you can select your region
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #41 of 44
I first grabbed SS 3.2 from a link posted in one of the forums (to a Jpn site?) and it asked me to initialize player. No good. Uninstalled it, and downloaded SS off connect.com

Workd as advertised. Moral of story: if you get greedy and grab an early release for different region you'll get in trouble.

PS: of the new bitrates, only 192k worked on HD3

Aug 6, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #43 of 44
I wonder if the newer flash players support other bitrates as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back