SonicStage 3.2 ...
Jul 29, 2005 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

gshan

Headphoneus Supremus
I probably should have knocked on wood before I started this thread, but after installing SS 3.2 (linked off dapreview) -

My MP3 transfers are finally rock solid. No more random freezing after a handful of song xfers. Atrac encoding and overall transfer seems slightly faster also. Maybe I'm just loving the 100% stable performance.

Give it a shot. I highly recommend 3.2, although I've only been using it for 10 minutes. It's running great on my e505.

Good Job Sony.

note: the freezing I mentioned was during encoding+transfer sessions, not plain transfers

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this version doesn't have Connect built-in (at least the release everybody has right now).

You are correct. It says Connect isn't avail in your country yet.

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 44
I honestly never expected this. Too bad I don't have a Sony player to try it out with, I'll have to take your word for it. Props to Sony if they did indeed make a solid release.

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 44
Not only that. Now you have the option to copy CDs in the perfectly gapless Atrac without DRM, and Atrac offers more bitrates (48, 64, 96, 128, 132, 160, 192, 256, 320), though most of them are not yet supported by existing players.

Jul 29, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
....Give it a shot. I highly recommend 3.2, although I've only been using it for 10 minutes. ....

Now that is an optimist!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #9 of 44
When you download 3.2, it removes your previous version. What happens to all the albums (around 250) I have transferred into my 3.1 library? It doesn't remove those...does it? Do I have to re-register my computer and devices after the upgrade?

confused.gif

Jul 29, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beethovenian
Not only that. Now you have the option to copy CDs in the perfectly gapless Atrac without DRM, and Atrac offers more bitrates (48, 64, 96, 128, 132, 160, 192, 256, 320), though most of them are not yet supported by existing players.

I wonder if 320kbps is the same as the Atrac SP. I always prefered that over Hi-SP. But the only way to get true Atrac SP was via opitcal/analog MD recording.

Jul 29, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
When you download 3.2, it removes your previous version. What happens to all the albums (around 250) I have transferred into my 3.1 library? It doesn't remove those...does it? Do I have to re-register my computer and devices after the upgrade?

confused.gif

Hi RickG,

I will double-check this later today when I get home from work - and see if those albums in my library from 3.1 indeed load correctly. I had 10 albums in my library from 3.1, and they were still in the library menu after the auto-uninstall of 3.1 and install of 3.2.

-g

(as far as I can remember, the uninstall/install process didn't require any input from the user. when you startup ss 3.2 for the first time, it still asks if you want it to search all music on computer and import them to library though. i chose NO, and was surprised to see my 10 albums were still in library - and i'll be checking that they still transfer from library later today)

Jul 29, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 44
I really appreciate your help, gshan. Obviously, I've spent a lot of time transferring all those albums and I don't want to go through that again. Although I'd like to update to 3.2, I can live with 3.1 if I must.

I'll be awaiting further comments from you and others on this matter.

Thanks again!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back