SonicStage 3.0 available
Mar 4, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #16 of 39
Thanks for that tip Cerith
biggrin.gif

I am lucky enough that nearly all my current stuff was imported while I was using 2.3 so they were still OK after sonic stage 3.0 converted the database.

I'll try that out for the few albums I haven't added yet, and hopefully it will do as a workaround until Sony fix up their software. Very sloppy that their QA process never caught this.

Mar 4, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #18 of 39
Curious, I didn't have to reformat my HD1. I wonder if now that SonicStage supports composer and year released, future players will have more browsing options. I really miss a search by composer.

Mar 5, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #21 of 39
I just downloaded the new sonicstage. Big improvement over the old one, the album/source problem really bothered me. Much better now. I will go out and buy the HD1 (with mp3 upgrade) even sooner now.

I do have a question though, the annoying groups thing has been fixed on actual sonicstage, but what about on the actual HD1/HD2/HD3? Do the playlists created on SonicStage become groups on the actual mp3 player?

Mar 6, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #24 of 39
I installed friday.
I don't download music so I didn't register my hd3. (CDs are my primary source).
I have found that im my laptop (Centrino-XP Home edition) sometimes it doesn't find the HD3 (usb) and sometimes after transfer got blocked.
confused.gif

It works faster but i think that something happends with my computer because previous version (2.3) haven't this problem.
I'll try to find out what's happen when i have time.

Mar 31, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 39
OK, so been having a whole bunch of problems with ss3.3, and would love any help. Been an avid user of ss and use a MD player. Previously, once i had transfered tracks onto the MD, basically once they had been converted in the transfer process, i had been able to delete the wmv. or mp3 file from my computer. The tracks appeared in my "optimized files" folder, and still played in sonicstage...however they could not be burned onto a cd (though i could take them off my md and put them back on again). This was great as i was able to shave a lot of space on my hard disk.

However...I have not been able to follow this same process with 3.3??? seems strange, as i have done it with various older versions. does anyone have ANY clue what i'm talking about and can you offer any assistance??? thanks

Apr 1, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiep
OK, so been having a whole bunch of problems with ss3.3, and would love any help. Been an avid user of ss and use a MD player. Previously, once i had transfered tracks onto the MD, basically once they had been converted in the transfer process, i had been able to delete the wmv. or mp3 file from my computer. The tracks appeared in my "optimized files" folder, and still played in sonicstage...however they could not be burned onto a cd (though i could take them off my md and put them back on again). This was great as i was able to shave a lot of space on my hard disk.

However...I have not been able to follow this same process with 3.3??? seems strange, as i have done it with various older versions. does anyone have ANY clue what i'm talking about and can you offer any assistance??? thanks

3.3? Has there been an update? I thought it was at 3.0?

Apr 1, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #28 of 39
I think they actually have updated Sonicstage 3.0, because it is actually working well now. No more freezing up, no more stalls, no nothing. This is good news.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
I think they actually have updated Sonicstage 3.0, because it is actually working well now. No more freezing up, no more stalls, no nothing. This is good news.
biggrin.gif

I downloaded 3.0 a week ago and no problems....so far!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #30 of 39
My reason for thinking that it is updated is that I used yesterday after not using it for a month. It worked perfectly, without a single hiccup, but before it would flicker at the top, it would be slow, it would freeze, it would crash. Sony is finally leaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back