Sonic Stage with 2 different players ?
Jun 22, 2005 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lamplighter

New Head-Fier
Hello all- I currently have a Sony NW-E99 and use S.S. to get my songs to the player but I am looking to buy an NW-HD3 next.
Just out of curiousity can I use my current S.S. library to put the existing songs into my new player or will I have to download a totally second S.S. and start from scratch to put songs in my HD3 ?
Thanks very much to all, LL-

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi doclloyd- Excellent !! That is great to know. This way I can start adding more CD's to my current Sonic Stage and then by the time I get the HD3 I can just start sending them over to the new device.
Thanks again, LL-
lambda.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Maybe it's just me, but on the HD3's box it says it supports WAV files, but it always converts my WAVs, I'm like What...so I've started ripping in A3P 256 since it just transfers over...and it converted some Atrac3 132 files too, I was so confused...haha, other than that it's great.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 6
I got so frustrated with SS. The "transfer as is" option is baloney. It ALWAYS seems to convert to 132k Atrac... so.... I convert my 320k's to .wav, burn to a CDRW and use SP on my Sharp to record to MD. Obviously this doesn't work with HiMD.

Jun 23, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 6
multiple devices can work on SS. i have a rh910 hi-MD unit and a hd3 that works in SS. they will show up as different drives so you can choose which device to use.

as for the wav thing, i have not tried yet, but the manual of my rh910 does say raw wav file is possible. it even shows the recording time for wav files. or is wav only possible with mic recording? hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back