Sonic Satori - Reviewing HRT's Music Streamer HD - Reaching Out to the Community
Jun 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mikemercer

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Everybody,

I've been blown away and humbled by the response to my thread based on my review
of the HRT microStreamer - named after the review: HRT Levels the Field with the microStreamer

Since posting and engaging in that thread, many of you have PM'd me about reviewing the Music Streamer HD,
as well as posting about that in the microStreamer thread.  

I thought I was going to get one, but my editor was recently told that their US distributor, Elite A/V Distribution,
they will not send one to me.

This took me by complete surprise!  Especially considering my microStreamer review (I scooped
that story, and reported on it during CES last year) and the reviews I've written in the past!

They stated they thought it would be a "conflict of interest", considering my history with 
the company!  But meanwhile my microStreamer review is posted on the HRT website, and
they even used a quote from my review!

Isn't this strange?

I would love to review the Music Streamer HD.  I know HRT products well, as I was a fan of Kevin 
Halverson before I worked for him!!  I loved Muse Electronics (his former line)!!  I wish to continue to support
Kevin and his efforts today - but the distributor has now formed a wedge there.

I consulted with a fellow Head-fier about this issue.  

If you would like me to review the HRT Music Streamer HD, please take a minute and send an email to the
US distributor requesting a review from me.

HERE IS THE EMAIL:
scot.markwell@eliteavdist.com

I already have multiple places where the review is wanted.

If you guys send him an email requesting that I review the product
- I will BUY ONE TO REVIEW IT FOR YOU.

I don't want to let anybody down, and to be brutally honest, I was really hurt when they tried to shut
me out.  I'm just trying to keep doing what I'm doing!  I've never shied away from saying in public that
I worked for HRT and CEntrance!  I'm proud of the work I did with both teams!!

Thoughts on this idea??

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I find it odd too, I was in communication with them for a while about getting a sample of the Music Streamer HD, everything was lining up nicely but they suddenly stopped replying and have been incommunicado for about a month now.

*shrug*

Really?

Well I'll tell you when I was their Director of Marketing I made sure to keep in touch with all inquiries.
But they have a stellar team over there still!  So I'm not sure what's going on.

I am not looking to indict ANYBODY here.

I think we're both on the same page:

I merely wanted to keep supporting them - as Kevin Halverson is truly one of the finest audio engineers out there,
as I have done in the past.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Yeah I love my microstreamer, and I was hoping to get them a little more exposure because I find it to be an excellent product and a great value for the money. Everyone from HRT I have dealt with has been friendly and helpful; I just wish they would reach out to me.

oh the microStreamer is GREAT! That was the first thread I ever started with one of my reviews (that one for Positive Feedback). I'm psyched to see it still going!  I got to scoop the story on that magic little aluminum brick!  During CES when they announced it.  It was thrilling because listening to music through it was thrilling!  What a magic piece of kit.

- before posting the thread I checked with some fellow Head-fier buddies said it didn't seem ego-driven (I didn't wanna be one of those guys like some of the high end audio writers who think they're rockstars, and I been doin it since I was 16).  

I worked my tail off for them years ago because I always believe in Kevin's amazing ideas.
He's salt of the Earth,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back