Sonic Ear Massage?
Jan 29, 2017 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bubblejuice

500+ Head-Fier
I've been listening to the song "Emotion", the cover by O'G3NE on Spotify, not the Samantha + Bee gees version. And the song starts off with what sounds like a synth moving smoothly back and fourth between your headphones.

It only happens with my LCD-2f so far, but it feels really nice. It sounds nice, but the physical sensation + the soothing sound makes it feel like it's giving my ears a massage.

I feel like cutting that little piece out and putting it on a 10 minute loop lol.

Anyways, does anyone know if that kind of sound has a name? And maybe name other songs that have this sound somewhere in the song?

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
  I don't know if it has a name, but I'm going to have to give that a listen to see if I can experience what you are. 

Keep in mind it only works on my LCD-2f. Non of my other headphones give me that massage effect. It may have to do with the warmth/darkness of the headphones. It literally feels like light pressure is radiating from on side of my head to the other. The speed which this song does it, and the soothing sound of the music together makes it really relaxing. Unfortunately it only lasts for the first few seconds (if that) of the song. I will try it later with my HD 6XX, since they are my only other "Warm-ish" headphones. 

Apparently this effect is called "Stereo Pan Tremolo Effect". However, i've yet to find someone take advantage of this effect to make a constant soothing sound like you would get from looping that small piece of the song. It's most often used in Jazz (especially smooth Jazz) and Classic Rock. But it's only used in small parts, it's never prolonged. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 5
  maybe look for some electric piano stuff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxILPR0OVk8 or binaural beats 

That's close, but not exactly it. I've tried Binaural beats but they also don't exactly fit. Like this song, Binuaural beats tend to change notes quite often. They don't stay on one particular note for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back