SongView.org Project
Jan 21, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #91 of 102
This is a really nifty thing, but I have to agree -- it's very time consuming. It's doubly time consuming if all your music is in AAC and Apple Lossless formats! Audacity claims that they can't support AAC/ALAC because it's proprietary, but as far as I know the AAC decoder (for non-DRM) is open.

The problem with Wiki in general is the search engine isn't very smart -- you have to know exactly what you are looking for to find it. Is there an index so you can browse?

--Chris

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #92 of 102
A general HOW-TO on this would be nice...I don't mind putting some effort in doing this, but I don't know much about any of this except what sounds good to my ear.

Jan 22, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #93 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with Wiki in general is the search engine isn't very smart -- you have to know exactly what you are looking for to find it. Is there an index so you can browse?

If you click on Community Portal there's a link to the database, listed first by artist, then album, then track.

Jan 22, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #94 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkTrumpet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A general HOW-TO on this would be nice...I don't mind putting some effort in doing this, but I don't know much about any of this except what sounds good to my ear.

Well, one of the aims is to take ears out of the equation. It's a repository of the technical expressions of albums, with judgement left aside. Check the Image Tips for a quick how-to.

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #96 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We STILL need people to write articles on Dynamic Range Compression and Clipping, etc. SeagramSeven, we need your knowledge!

It's been busy these past few days and will continue to be for the next week or so. I'll write some more comprehensive guides once things ease up here. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #100 of 102
Hi Everybody.

I think i have made a autohotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/ script which could be usefull to extend
so it's able to do the process by pressing windowskey-n

remember to have the file gdiplus.dll in the same directory as the *.ahk
scripts. on win xp i should be "somewhere" I'm using a version which
has the filesize [1712128] bytes.

Edit audacity.ahk , i now loads an acdc flac and it should be working in
1280*1024 + 1280*800 mode...

Please edit the version in the audacity.ahk script.

If you're lucky you'll get 2 images Imagespec.png ImageWave.png

If you have some feedback please let me know...

/Michael from denmark

May 10, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #101 of 102
the site appears to be down.....
anybody know if/when it will be back?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back