Songs with soundstage/Experimental songs
May 5, 2007 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nin3th

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know any songs with amazing use of soundstage or are just cool expirimental songs? I enjoyed stuff from the flaming lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, and the experimental stuff from Cornelius' Fantasma album.

May 5, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 10
Try this album if you want experimental music with great soundstage (if you can find it): Jack Or Jive - "KAGURA LIVE IN KYOTO"
600smile.gif

May 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 10
Take note of these:

- ROGER WATERS - Amused to Death
- HECTOR ZAZOU - Lights in the Dark
- CARLA LOTHER - Ephemera
- PORCUPINE TREE - In Absentia
- BOZZIO LEVIN STEVENS - Black Light Syndrome

May 7, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 10
If you can find Japanese stuff easily, look for the latest album by Akiko Yano, Honto No Kimochi. Experimentation is a given in almost any projects by Yano, and on this album she straddles across styles like folk, jazz, rock, and some very beautiful electronics. The production value is top class, and you can get it as SACD.

Duality, The album by Lisa Gerrard and Pieter Bourke, has an amazing 3D soundstage. I still haven't got hold of other solo albums by Lisa Gerrard though.

The soundstage of Bjork's Medulla is very spacious and open, and of course the music is fiercely experimental -- except for a very occasional piano, all instrumentations are done with human voice. Although, frankly I don't think it is her top-tier material.

May 7, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidmoose171 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tubular Bells

Agreed! Pretty much anything by Mike Oldfield fits the OP's criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back