Songs with sentimental value
Feb 27, 2007 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SysteX

500+ Head-Fier
So, I was listening to The Pixies earlier today, and when I got to the song "Velouria", I couldn't help but think of a car crash I had been in with some friends a couple years ago. Of course, we were listening to that same song when it happened. It seems that this song will forever be associated in my mind with that car crash. Another one for me is U2's "With Or Without You", which was playing when I had my first kiss. Every time I hear that song, I think about that girl.

I'm curious about everyone else. What song(s) have special sentimental value or conjure up specific memories, and what are they associate with?

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 4
The one that immediately comes to mind is The Ponytail Parade by Emery. I know it's a bit emo, but I can really relate to it. After a big breakup with a girl whom I thought was the one... I sort of found a bit in that song that felt close to home. I'm sure there are better ones I can come up with later.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 4
The beach boys, endless summer. used to listen to that CD all the time with my highschool friends on our waterski trips to Lake Berryessa.

Steve Miller Band / Tom Petty, used to listen to a lot of them in college with my friends on camping trips. One time I went with some of my volleyball lady friends and the only tape they had in their car was Ace of Base
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
. So I can't say that I am a fan or really enjoy their music, but whenever I hear those songs it reminds me of them and that camping trip we took on spring break.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Years ago I was a few days from graduation, one morning I grabbed my walkwan, jumped on my Suzuki GN175 and just headed north. I ended up in one hilly country road with almost zero traffic. The twisties gave me great joy all day, it cut through several national parks with dense evergreen forests and limestone outcrops, very scenic. The only cassette I had with me was 'Behind The Gardens, Behind The Wall, Under The Tree....' by Andreas Vollenweider.

Until now, whenever I hear just a note from the song 'Micro - Macro', the picture of that particular curve I was leaning into while listening to the song just appears vividly in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back