Songs With Multiple Meanings
Jan 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SuperNothing

500+ Head-Fier
There is this song 'Gotta Eat' off of the new Lupe Fiasco album and it is probably my favorite song on the album. The coolest part of the song is that depending on the way you interpret the lyrics it could either be a song about a drug dealer or a cheeseburger. I think it is really clever that he was able to do this. Anyone know of any other songs that do this?

Jan 15, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 12
Faraway by Jay Chou and Fei Yu-Chin can be interperted as a girl leaving her boyfriend because he tells her to pursue her dreams or it can be interperted as a father sending his son off to the military waiting for his son to come home.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 12
Tool - Stinkfist. There's a more metaphysical interpretation related to breaking boundaries...and then there's what the song actually describes. :p

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tool - Stinkfist. There's a more metaphysical interpretation related to breaking boundaries...and then there's what the song actually describes. :p

That's the very song I was thinking of when I read the thread title. Good call.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 12
Sometimes, it's simply because you don't hear it quite right, often by having inferior playback gear. For a long time I could not decide how this song went, and someone please clue me in - I thought it was a Donovan song, but I can't find the song on any lyric lists.

"That's your lot in life, Lalenya."
or
"That's your rotten life, Lalenya."

Laz

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the very song I was thinking of when I read the thread title. Good call.

yeah me too, glad i didn't have to describe it though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back