Songs to sleep to...
Mar 20, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #16 of 29
I've found that nature sounds CDs really help. I listened to nature with Mozart and it put me right to sleep. It's the same company that does this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1051

I can get you the title of the CD I have if you want. There's one track where there's some splashing sounds and I picture rowing a canoe in a lake and it really puts my mind at rest and allows me to sleep.

Mar 20, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
the song is called "asleep" not "sing me to sleep." time to rename some napstered mp3s..

it's the last track on louder than bombs, proof is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

I didn't bother to check my CD. All my MP3s are ripped from my discs.
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
I didn't bother to check my CD. All my MP3s are ripped from my discs.
tongue.gif

my mistake, damn cddb is so full of errors, i can't even use it anymore and generally type all the track names in myself.

forgive my nastiness, as it's one of my more favorite songs of all time and is also mentioned in my favorite book, so i got a little snippy.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2003 at 8:01 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
my mistake, damn cddb is so full of errors, i can't even use it anymore and generally type all the track names in myself.

Actually, it was my error as I tend to title songs by their chorus refrain and not proper names in conversation. The CDDB had nothing to do with this. (attached – I like screenshots, got used to them when I worked in QA for software).

[edit] FYI - I rip all my MP3s from my CDs using EAC + LAME at 320kb/s.

Mar 20, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #22 of 29
Most thievery corp works well as sleep music. So does Air.

soft techno, with a few slow rhythms, works very well.

When I really want to drift away into unconsciousness, of course, I put on my Busta Rhymes/Andrew WK/DMX/ROTM/Tool/ZappaInstrumental/Rammstein mix CD
smily_headphones1.gif

I need to make a new one with Fatboy Slim - Kalifornia added to it.

Mar 20, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 29
Brian Eno - Almost any of his stuff

UH.... I wouldn't use most Brian Eno to go to sleep with. Here Come The Warm Jets would have you gripping the ceiling with
"Babys on Fire".

The first three Tangerine Dream recordings are excellent for that or just soothing meditation type mood change. Completely electronic with no vocals and no song to song, change of pace type of stuff. The first one "Electronic Meditation" was appropriately named and if that doesn't put you out you need a perscription. Phaedra and Rubycon are a bit less pulsating but you won't find yourself humming it at work the next day. You can usually find them on half.ebay.com used pretty cheap. Actually they are classic recordings for early 70's electronic mood music. The band went on to make 20 more records but they get more busy and expressive as they go on. Not suitable for sleeping music.

Sometimes the ocean/rain kind of stuff makes me visualize too much which can be distracting. I look for recordings that are at least 20 minutes long per track. That changing tracks every 5 minutes to different sounds/songs I find disorientating and I find myself anticipating. I like something sustained, the longer the better.

Sleep can actually be a serious challenge sometimes for many people.

Mar 21, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 29
....hmm, actually...... i think if you could get some lectures recorded from my classes at college,....... those are by far the sleepiest sounds you could ever experience. man............. some of those biology classes.......... gosh... heh he
wink.gif

i actually wrote a lullaby before. i challenge you to listen to it and not feel sleepy at all. it always puts me to sleep. pm me and i'll send you a copy. it works!

Mar 21, 2003 at 9:05 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
....hmm, actually...... i think if you could get some lectures recorded from my classes at college,....... those are by far the sleepiest sounds you could ever experience. man............. some of those biology classes.......... gosh... heh he
wink.gif

i actually wrote a lullaby before. i challenge you to listen to it and not feel sleepy at all. it always puts me to sleep. pm me and i'll send you a copy. it works!

hehe exactly thats how i sleep, learned how to sleep in a sitting position and you are set. oh yeah learn how not to drool also!

Mar 23, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #27 of 29
I always drool when i take naps in class.... when you drool, the teacher doesn't feel inclined to wake you up because you already have people laughing. If you're not drooling, he'll feel inclined to point you out in front of the class, wake you up, and start cracking jokes.

DROOL ON, my fellow student Head-Fiers

Mar 23, 2003 at 4:05 AM Post #28 of 29
Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime. Starts out with some big fast revolutionary anthems, then gradually shrinks and slows down to tell a story after a few tracks. I usually don't listen to music to go to sleep, but when I have to drown out music or a party next door I put this CD on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back