Songs that you're afraid of playing on your nice headphones at somewhat loud volumes.
Oct 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AHorseNamedJeff

Headphoneus Supremus
This thread can be a place to find the most 'dangerous' songs out there. The songs that make you tremor in fear of them being played on your Stax 009's, or HD800's.
Kinda funny, cuz halloween is coming up.
I'll start with Gangnam Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
The bass kick in the beginning is so ridiculously strong that when I play on a somewhat loud volume on my speakers, my sub sounds like someones pounding the floor.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 9
It's pretty hard to bust your headphones simply by playing certain songs. The only way you could do it is if you're playing it at such a high level of volume that your ears would literally start bleeding. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Anything by swedish house mafia and people like that, at loud levels its just a big wall of sound distortion 
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 9
http://www.bassnectar.net/music/bootlegs/ (this is techno, so if you don't enjoy that genre don't click this)

Any pair of good cans won't break no matter what you pump through them, however this could drive you deaf if you put too much power behind it. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Although a good pair of cans wouldn't bust, could a too-heavy bass thump bust my sub? I have seen subwoofers catch on fire before
blink.gif

when I play Gangnam Style too loud, it literally sounds like my sub is gonna explode.

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 9
There are a few techno songs from the 1990s I would be afraid of playing if I accidentally left the sound up too loud. However, it would be quite unlikely I would be playing them for reasons of personal choice.

But seriously, I would be afraid to play some test tones for subwoofers or for the high 1khz tones like you see on the NTSC television test stations. Usually subwoofer test tones come with a vocal warning to turn your equilizers down or else you could melt the voice coil.

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Although a good pair of cans wouldn't bust, could a too-heavy bass thump bust my sub? I have seen subwoofers catch on fire before
blink.gif

when I play Gangnam Style too loud, it literally sounds like my sub is gonna explode.

Twelve years ago I was at my buddy's pool party. He had his 80s collection cranked on some old stereo towers. They caught on fire. True story. Rock and roll really is the music of the devil
devil_face.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 9
Wow, really? That's kinda scary :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back