Songs that we cannot live without
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

twentyHz

100+ Head-Fier
I love IDM and Industrial, Dark electro, Future pop, and Synth pop. I also love rock and classical.

Please tell us your musical tastes and whenever you hear something fabulous on your phones share the artist title and song titles. Lossless quality of course is mandatory for real judgement. Oh, almost forgot, include the headphone brand and model.

Hopefully we can expand our music collection, maybe be introduced to something we never would have otherwise.

I'll start...

I just listened to VNV Nation's Sentinal. It has some great crunchy synths, strong male vocals, and some decent lows. 

I listened on my Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10's

Sep 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 15
Sep 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 15
Vaporized by VAC.

It is incredibly dark, punchy, and the acoustic guitar tickles the high frequencies with utter delight.

I listened on my Macbook thru my Apogee Duet 2 and my UE Triplefi 10's

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 15
BT - Morceau Subrosa
BT - Our Dark Garden
Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep
Alek Szahala - Maruuk
Bocelli - Con Te Partiro
Aphex Twin - Boy/Girl Song

I could go on and on...

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 15

Virtually anything from the above album called "Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot" by SparkleHorse.

For tonight, I'll say the track "Tears On Fresh Fruit," played extremely loud.

Toshiba laptop > foobar2000 > FLAC file > FiiO E17 DAC / amp > Audio-Technica ATH-M50 phones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 15
Thanks StratocasterMan!

I listened to Sparklehorse and rather enjoyed it on the first listen. That is a rarity for me. It has found a place in my collection. Simplistic bliss. The electric guitar is so delicate on Sad & Beautiful World... love it! 

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 15
Informatik - A Matter Of Time (Stadium Mix)

The synths sound unreal. I enjoy the unique vocals, although I must admit that they are an acquired taste.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 15
Doubleplusungood - Seabound. Cold whispers hidden behind strong male vocals. Dark, moody, psychotic. The singer is an Psych Prof in Denmark, and the lyrics intelligently reflect that.

Almost all Seabound is outstanding. Give it a go!

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 15
Pink Floyd- Time
Genesis- Selling England By the Pound
Supertramp- Crime of the Century
Led Zep- Stairway To Heaven
Moody Blues- Knights in White Satin
Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Chili
The Beatles- Hey Jude
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man
SRV- Texas Flood
The Eagles- Hotel California

Users who are viewing this thread