songs that evoke emotion enough to pull tears from your eyes?
Aug 15, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #31 of 42
Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely

This song is so haunting, and Thom Yorke's voice is really emotional.

Aug 15, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #32 of 42
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

The album version is good, but live versions make it that much harder
tongue.gif

Also...Nirvana - Oh Me, from the Unplugged album.

Aug 17, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by fante7
Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely

This song is so haunting, and Thom Yorke's voice is really emotional.

Yay! It's not just me! And I was this close to getting medicated...
blink.gif

It IS indeed a stunning song. Sounds like complete denial in the face of abject tragedy.

Aug 17, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #35 of 42
Brick - Ben Folds Five

Such a sad narrative...and that piano melody coupled with Ben Folds' nasal, but honest voice, is quite effective.

Aug 17, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #38 of 42
For those into anime there is a series called Rurouni Kenshin which is fairly light hearted, but there is also a three hour OVA seris called Samurai X that is much more serious. The difference is between pg and r ratings in content and violence. THe point is after watching Samurai X everytime I listen to the soundtrack I just feel sad to teh point of tears sometimes. Very powerful ambient music.

Aug 17, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #41 of 42
"Fur Alina" by Arvo Part

"Comptine une entre midi" by Yann Tiersen, actually the first time I heard it I was at some friends place, I had to excuse myself leaving the room all chocked when they played it.

Aug 17, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #42 of 42
The "Isle of Wight" finisher to Genesis' Selling England... used to have a strong emotional aspect to me. More elation or close to tears of joy. Then I read the lyrics and realized it was a grocery list. P. Gabriel's voice is so brilliant there though, and the interaction with the music is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back