songs on not appearing on the ipod
Apr 30, 2005 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dougbrad81

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I've had my 60gb ipod photo for two days. have been transferring albums with alac with no problems. but earlier after I transferred an album to the ipod, and after I had Disconnected to the pc, none of the songs or album Appears on the Ipod. If I reattached it to the pc, the albums and tracks shows up and plays fine. disconnected it again and nothing shows up on the ipod? can anybody telll what seems to be the problem?. I'm using a pc with windows xp. Desperate to find a solution here.

Apr 30, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Are you using iTunes to do the transferring? I'd bet iPod might act a little funny in a Windows environment without using iTunes. Just a guess. I only use iTunes and have never experienced what you describe.

Apr 30, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 5
I had a very similar problem, and fixed it by choosing the "Rebuild iPod music database" option in XPlay, the program I use for iPod file transfers. Whatever software you're using probably has a similar option.

The idea is that the tables that keep track of the songs, albums and artists in the iPod menus have gotten corrupted, so you need to have a utility read through all of the files on the iPod one by one and use the tags embedded in each track to rebuild the tables.

Apr 30, 2005 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougbrad81
Hi,
If I reattached it to the pc, the albums and tracks shows up and plays fine. disconnected it again and nothing shows up on the ipod? can anybody telll what seems to be the problem?. I'm using a pc with windows xp. Desperate to find a solution here.

When the iPod is attached go to iTunes and select your iPod, do a right mouse click on the songs/albums in question and display 'Get Info', you will see a path where the song resides, what do you display here?

Apr 30, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies. I am using itunes. After doing a hard reset, all the songs and playlists appeared on the ipod again and is functioning properly now. Hopefully it was just a one time thing, and not a sign of a malfuntioning ipod
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back