Songs/Albums You Wish Would Be Remastered
Jul 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BirdManOfCT

1000+ Head-Fier
What are some songs/albums that you wish would be remastered?

+ "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber, Leonard Bernstein with New York Philharmonic

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 2
Most groundbreaking works have already been remastered, some have been done several times in the hopes that fans will think to themselves "Wow, Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall already sound so great so a remaster would really blow me away."( I'm using these 2 albums as examples of works that have been remastered a ridiculous amount of times both as CD's and vinyl in the interest of making more money. Sorry Doug Sax.) So I'm going to list works that to my knowledge have yet to be remastered at all. Not an easy thing to do and I'm sure some on my list have already been digitized and remastered But here goes:

Holst: The Planets
Frank Zappa: The Yellow Shark. If I were to list every Zappa record it would take up half the page. Many of his classics have been remastered already such as Hot Rats and Apostraphe.
Monster Magnet: Dopes to Infinity
Steve Earle: Washington Square Serenade 
Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream
The entire Black Keys catalog
The entire My Morning Jacket catalog
The entire White Stripes catalog
The entire Foo Fighters catalog.

This list is just off the top of my head and it's early in the morning...

BTW, would you rather see analog remasters, meaning expensive but worth it LP's or digital remasters meaning CD's and digital files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back