song with deep bass?
Feb 16, 2010 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
Can you name a song that have a very deep bass? It doesnt need to be overpowering but I want it to be deep (around 20-30 hertz). thanks!
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1812!

The cannons go down to 12hz in some recordings
wink.gif

The only SACD I ever owned with a legitimate warning on it

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 32
Heart's "Magic Man" has a synth and guitar interlude during which the (probably) mono synth dips into ranges that can actually move buildings off their foundations. This is from their first album, Dreamboat Annie. Worth the price of the whole album, and great for auditioning speakers. If the speaker wont produce those lows, the synth just seems to disappear as it descends.

That album was recorded in a completely tubed studio, and it sounds like it.

One of those rare occasions where a band was at its artistic peak (they were never that good again) and an engineer who knew what to do actually did the performance justice.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 32
Korn - Another Brick in the Wall, Y'all want a single. These two tracks get down there.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everything on Bricolage and Supermodified by Amon Tobin.

e.g.: YouTube - Amon Tobin Golfer vs Boxer

Is there some distortion or noise in the right channel or is my system failing?

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only SACD I ever owned with a legitimate warning on it

wow are you serious?

and for my suggesion, Massive Attack's song "Angel" is pretty deep.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 32
What type of music?! There's deep bass that is just a tone (electronic bass), and then there's deep bass produced by an instrument that actually has nuance and defines an instrument in space with attack, and sustain. The latter is far more difficult to reproduce well. The closest thing I listen to of the former is some of Radiohead's newer stuff like Amnesiac. That is some pretty challenging material for a system to stay on top of. On a cut like, "Pack'd Like Sardines", the meters stay largely in overload for most of the song (and yes, the bass does get very deep at times). Going to the latter, more difficult kind of bass to reproduce, here are a few suggestions:

Pop music (or rather alt-pop-folk or whatever category you want to try to stuff her into): Joanna Newsom, The Milk-Eye'd Mendor (try "The Book of Right-On")

Classical: Gary Karr, Harmon Lewis - Adagio D’Albinoni (a bit hard to find, but gorgeous - use the title cut)

Jazz: Vassilis Tsabropoulos, "Achirana" - Try the cut "The Spell"

Drums: Trio Chemirani, "Qalam Kar" (astounding soundstaging, great drumming throughout the CD)

Classical: Copland, "Fanfare for the Common Man", Eiji Oue & Minnesota Orchestra (again, use the title cut)

Pop (piano): Tori Amos, "God" EP, "All the Girls Hate Her" (reproducing a large piano in realistic terms is very challenging - this piece is short and sweet...just Tori's Bosendorfer which has an extra octave on the low end).

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #13 of 32
Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun
Old Funk - James Brown & The JB's, Bootsy Collins and many more
K-os - Crabbuckit, Sunday Morning

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there some distortion or noise in the right channel or is my system failing?

Can´t somebody calm my nerves and mention you get slight noise in the right ear channel YouTube - Amon Tobin Golfer vs Boxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back