Song/track to test headphone ?
Apr 25, 2010 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

KenDiriwan

New Head-Fier
Do you all uses or recommend any song/recorded track to test headphone? bass, sensitivity or what so ever?

something like this ?
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 15
+1 for the "Open Your Ears" disc.
Excellent recording and mastering quality, plus tracks that are (can be) know to all fellow Head-Fi'ers - for comparison.

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #7 of 15
The HDTrack website doesn't accept customers from outside the US
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 15
'Welcome To The Jungle' by Guns N'Roses. Otherwise Jazz, Funk, more Rock and House and I have an Audio Test CD with test tracks.

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #9 of 15
The best comparisons are made with music you really know, then you don't have your attention taken by the song but can focus on the differences between the headphones.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HDTrack website doesn't accept customers from outside the US
frown.gif

Do not know about the rest of the HDTrack website, but the Open Your Ears album is available worldwide. I placed my order from Norway with zero issues.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 15
The HF/Chetsky disk and of some of my favorite tracks - what I usually listen to. Usually good recordings but also a crappy track or two out of interest.

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #13 of 15
It really is about music you know well yourself.

For me, there's two songs that make or break headphones for me.

Pendulum - Granite

Pendulum - Tempest

The first song is purely for bass and overall impact, the second sounds like 3 songs in one, so I can gauge the headphones...

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #14 of 15
I would say it's more about instrument that you know very well...by having listened to them live close & personal (or played), ie; garage jam, rock club, auditorium, concert hall, etc...
The open Your Ears album has a good selection of tracks...
The percussion imaging test is great...
Listen hard and draw your own conclusion...
Have fun
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back