Song recommendations for an sr80
Apr 1, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 24
IMO any good quality old rock sounds great on grados. Clapton's Unplugged, as mentioned above, is one of my favs especially on the sr-80s.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased a nice used pair of sr-80's and i pretty much enjoy them. They sound a lot different from the headphones I usually use (RP-htx7's). Most of the music i listen to is dance which i don't think that genre is grado's forte. But I am flexible to listen to anything so i can hear the true strengths of what my sr80's can do.

One quick question though, how much volume do you guys use when listening with an un-amped ipod? Sometimes i have to max out the volume.. so i might get an amp.

Also, will using 414 pads increase the bass? I kind of miss my bass.. haha.

be sure to have a read of the interview with John Grado. He mentions the different genre/cd's/vinyl he listens to as reference when designing the drivers and his preferred music. Of Course eric clapton live is one of them
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/int...-grado-127867/

also, i highly recommend grabbing a headphone amp. My work mate has the SR80s and its night/day difference between un-amped ipod as source and ipod > lineout> iBasso D2 (for example). Grab a nice headphone amp post haste! :p

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 24
yeah , i think i'm going to get one of those CMOY amps. but first i need to get the 414 pads. i already did the basshead mod.. seems to improve the bass but it just looks kind of weird imo. makes my sr80 look it's broken and more ugly.. (i didn't have black electrical tape but i had blue..haha) will post pictures soon.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 24
Ray Charles, Chili Peppers, Norah Jones, Corinne Bailey Rae, then top it off with some Jay-Z or Talib Kweli. A few songs per artist and its bliss on my SR-60s :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back