Sometimes there is a hissing sound when I record using my mod mic 5
Jan 23, 2018 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rock1m1

New Head-Fier
It is weird how it comes and goes. When there is a hissing sound, my voice volume is lower as the hissing sound is more apparent. When it the hissing sound isn't there much, my voice volume is a lot better.

I use mod mic 5 connected to the realtek audio front jack, also tried with back jack as well as 2 different usb audio adapters. When the sound is there, it affects all the devices; the realtek works better most the time.

Thank you

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Intermittent problems are always hard to trouble shoot. Usually they are caused by an outside force, so a router, phone, modem, fans, graphics cards under load, or something turning on and off. One thing to check for sure if turning on lights near the device causes it to occur. Its a rare issue, but if that is the case we have a fix ready.

Best bet here is going to be hitting up our customer support at customerservice@antlionaudio.com - we'll do our best to find and solve the problem (or replace the unit if we think that will make a difference).

When you email them please be sure to give us a rough timeframe of how often it happens. E.g. it only happens for a few minutes and clears up or it happens for hours, days, etc. and obviously let us know if the lights thing triggers it.

Also if you can snag a recording during the issue and when its not happening that would help!

Long story short is our awesome team is here to help, so don't be a stranger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back