Sometimes it feels like I have IEMs in when I don't....normal?
Feb 20, 2010 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Fandangoya

New Head-Fier
This if my first experience with IEMs. I have a pair of Klipsch S4s and I use the large oval tips. It is extremely comfortable, and I usually barely feel them.

But sometimes when I'm not listening to music and don't have the IEMs in my ears, I sometimes get a short feeling that they are in my ears when nothing is there. It is hard to describe...

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 12
I get that all the time. Same thing with after wearing a helmet for a while, you think it's still on but it's not.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 12
I get the same thing with glasses when I'm wearing contacts but not so much iems cuz they are in my ears the majority of the day

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's normal.......so is forgetting you're wearing them, I often get up for a cup of coffee or something, only to be reminded by my rig that I'm wired up.

One time I did that with my cans and my rig reminded me by crashing to the ground, and my amp being a DIY amp and being jolted around had a couple wires touch due to the impact of hitting the ground shaking things, shorting a critical transistor and breaking my amp for 6 months until I finally found the cause 1 week ago and fixed it.

Back somewhat on topic, after a dirtbike race or something, I sometimes fall asleep, but in my dream I'm still racing, until something wakes me up and I almost have a heart attack. I'm sure someone else has had something similar happen, no?

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #7 of 12
Yea man same here when I have mine in for long hours at a time over and over again. Goes away after a while for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One time I did that with my cans and my rig reminded me by crashing to the ground, and my amp being a DIY amp and being jolted around had a couple wires touch due to the impact of hitting the ground shaking things, shorting a critical transistor and breaking my amp for 6 months until I finally found the cause 1 week ago and fixed it.

Back somewhat on topic, after a dirtbike race or something, I sometimes fall asleep, but in my dream I'm still racing, until something wakes me up and I almost have a heart attack. I'm sure someone else has had something similar happen, no?

I'm confused. Are we talking about bad dreams or the sensation of having IEMs still in the ear even though you are not wearing them???!?!??!

I also have the feeling that I am wearing IEMs even when I am not. I wear headphones "over the ear" and I have a strage sensation sometimes where I can feel like something is on my ear, more specifically in the area where the wire goes over my ear. It goes and comes from time to time, it can be very annoying!!

Feb 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 12
I always keep poking my nose because I thought I have my glasses on and its very embarrassing when my friends are around.

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might be feeling a case of ear inflammation if it feels like something is in there when it isn't. Does it happen randomly or during a short timeslot after you've listened to your IEMs?

Um...both I guess? It definitely happens at random and goes away as soon as I touch my ear or do something similar.

It's hard to say whether it happens shortly after wearing my IEMs since I've been wearing them so much in my past couple days....but I would definitely say it is more prevalent when I've recently been listening

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Personally I think it's just mental, not an actual condition, unless you're sure it feels like there's really something still stuck in there, and you're sure it's not just that mental state of being acustomed to it and not noticing the absense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back