Sometimes I think you guys are the only ones that care. . .
Jun 4, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck

I'm never going to complain about little league baseball again!

I forgot to mention the league/ice time fees and the travel costs. As I recall it was about $1500 for the ice a season Sep-May. Then the cost for trips. It wasnt bad when you played locally but we played in Detroit, St Louis, NY and Canada for the weekend. Hotels, plane fare, car or we sometimes drove. Then feeding a bottomless pit that is playing 1-2 games a day. Headphones are nothing compared to it.

Jun 4, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #32 of 38
good lord! So that's why the kids at my high school that play hockey all have big houses!
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #34 of 38
THis last year I didn't sign up for hockey (because it got too expensive) and I started playing whenever I wanted to at the local outdoor park rink where 12-year-olds play after school---I had a great time, and it didn't cost me squat.

But....

I own 10 ukuleles with a combined value of close to $10,000. And I love having them and playing them. I tell people; if they don't get it fine, I'm wierd. So are they. So is everybody.

Funny how people don't think it's wierd when you say you're going to Vegas to piss away money for a vacation!

Jun 5, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #35 of 38
What's it like having a ukelele collection? Is like, one a 12-string, one a Gibson, one signed by Steve Vai or some such? Maybe one with a whammy bar, distortion pedal and high end pickups? Thrash ukelele. Rock.

Jun 5, 2002 at 10:36 AM Post #36 of 38
I have a ukelele from when I was really little and my 2-year-old son found it in a closet at my parents' place and started playing (with) it. He now knows the "my dog has fleas" tune for tuning the strings, although when he says it, it comes out more like "dog-a-pease". Oh well. He's adorable.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 7:59 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
He brought them to high school programming class

Here's your problem. Most high school kids are tools.

Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
she has an ... obsession with louis vitton handbags

Ouch!!

Jun 5, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #38 of 38
>the usual line is: "you're just going home so you can listen to your headphones."

Rex Kramer, danger seeker: "No, I'm going home, because I just can't take your snoring."
biggrin.gif

lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back