Something's Coming: song of ice and fire coming to hbo!
Jan 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ooheadsoo

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

This is a dream come true, and in the best form I ever thought possible outside of a straight up big budget miniseries format! And with Martin himself writing the script! And I thought dresden files coming to sci-fi would be a treat...

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 9
If they actually put each novel into a full series format this will be amazingly interesting! I hope they don't end up trying to scrunch the whole story into a couple of hours.... I wonder whether this means that Martin is thinking the next novel will complete the story....
BTW: when is the next installment due out?

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 9
Im not a real big tv watcher but I am a big fan of George R.R.Martin so I just might have to check this out.I allways thought his novel "Fever Dream"(a novel about vampires with and interesting twist)would make a great movie.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #6 of 9
last word from grrmartin's website is that he should be done before 2007 is over...and then 1 last book to go, according to his current contract. But I'm not sure if 7 books was before or after he broke book 4 into 2 parts. It's HBO so I'm hoping it will be a full blown 24-26 episode series for each book. Oh man, it's too good to be true.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Oh goody! maybe this will keep him from venturing into Robert Jordan verbal diarrhea territory (the last book had me scared).

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

This is a dream come true, and in the best form I ever thought possible outside of a straight up big budget miniseries format! And with Martin himself writing the script! And I thought dresden files coming to sci-fi would be a treat...

cool! i sure hope it's on the air before the end of the year, but i seriously doubt it. my bet is on spring/summer of 2008.

oh, and the article says Martin is only penning one episode.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 9
I missed that. Oh well. I hope it turns out better than dresden files which isn't looking so hot right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back