Something wrong with the Head-fi website
Nov 15, 2005 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Is it just me or is everyone else noticing a degrade in the reliability of the site...? I am barely able to log on sucessfully more then 3 times in a row, constantly getting "sorry there is a problem with this database" error pages. Sometimes when loading the main page, or specific posts, the site just hangs, sometimes for 5 mins or more.. Again, this has all just happened recently, probably within the last 3 weeks. Its driving me insane.

Anyone else find this???

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 13
What I've noticed is a failure of the 'new posts' search function. I come back after being logged off all night, and instead of showing me new posts since I was last on, it only shows new posts since I just came back.

I really hope this function is restored to normal soon -- this is what I consider to be a critical issue, far more troublesome than just getting periodic database errors.

P.S. agree with you though, things are pretty grim right now.

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
Is it just me or is everyone else noticing a degrade in the reliability of the site...? I am barely able to log on sucessfully more then 3 times in a row, constantly getting "sorry there is a problem with this database" error pages. Sometimes when loading the main page, or specific posts, the site just hangs, sometimes for 5 mins or more.. Again, this has all just happened recently, probably within the last 3 weeks. Its driving me insane.

Anyone else find this???

Yes! I also have the same problem in loading the site... but, may be it is because I'm too distant (Italy)
wink.gif

Best!
Nicola

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Anyone else find this???

I'm also getting a lot of database errors. I'm from holland but that can't be the reason, right?

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 13
It has nothing to do with your geographical location. It has to do with the maintenance of this site.

It took me over 30mins and countless refreshes to get this reply to work. I kept getting the database error page and hanging page loading.

If you ask me this is an embarrassment for a sponsored website. I love Head-fi, it is my favorite forum, but i am forced to use it less because of its unreliable state.

Nov 15, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 13
im having the same problem, im located in new jersey, i actually came to this members forum to post a topic about this wondering if it was my connection.

maybe some of the $ that was donated from the hf-1 run could fix the problem.
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 13
We're going to be hiccuping until we have a chance to get the new hardware installed at the co-lo, which should be early as late this week/weekend, but, more realistically, next week--if Neil can finish coding the changes we're making to search by then.

Nov 15, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 13
Nov 15, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
maybe some of the $ that was donated from the hf-1 run could fix the problem.
wink.gif

You would think with that, member donations, sponsored threads, sponsor donations, and advertising revenue, these problems wouldnt exist in the first place.

I dont wanna pick a fight, i just want to see the problem resolved... Its getting pretty hairy trying to use this site.

Nov 15, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
We're going to be hiccuping until we have a chance to get the new hardware installed at the co-lo, which should be early as late this week/weekend, but, more realistically, next week--if Neil can finish coding the changes we're making to search by then.

Thats great news. I had no idea the problem was being addressed. Perhaps posting a sticky regarding the sites performance within the major forums. It would prevent people like myself posting these disgruntled threads.

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Thats great news. I had no idea the problem was being addressed. Perhaps posting a sticky regarding the sites performance within the major forums. It would prevent people like myself posting these disgruntled threads.

relax...this is not life or death. it is somewhat annoying. the guys are doing a great job but snafus happen. this is not ebay where people's livelihood depend on it for the most part.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back