Something weird happened to my hornet...
Aug 2, 2007 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sieg9198

100+ Head-Fier
Something weird happened to my hornet today, I left it plugged into power socket to burn it in since two days ago.(with the battery inside the hornet)

Just now, when I came back from college and check on it, the led lights are out, no sound. The power is still plugged in, switch on the on position. For an instance I thought it was dead, but when I flip the power switch of the hornet off and on again, it worked like normal again. Just like nothing happened.

BUT, I noticed one thing, I left the hornet plugged into the power socket for two days, the batteries SHOULD be full.But now when I unplugged the power, the LED lights are very dim.

Is the battery dying?? Or is it something wrong with the hornet?? I only used the battery for about 300 hours or so, it shouldnt died that fast right??(Or was it the memory effect?? I didnt drain the battery between charges though...)

Aug 2, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Maybe something wrong with the charging circuit... give Ray a call, he'll take good care of you.

Aug 2, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 6
i dont have the hornet but have the tomahawk instead. something similar happened to my tomahawk last sunday too. i was on a bus listening to ipod w tomahawk. then the sound started breaking like as if i never switch te amp on. took a look at e amp the LED was off. so i flick it to the other direciton thinking that i might have accidentally switch it off (they were in my waist pouch). nothing happened. then flick the the switch up again and the LED came on and everything was back per normal...dunno wat happened too.
confused.gif

now the amp is working perfectly

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Although I'm not sure, but I think I might have tripped the power adaptor that cause it to loosen, THAT explains everything, the LED was dim because it was running on battery the whole day...

Now its okay like normal.

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by surge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont have the hornet but have the tomahawk instead. something similar happened to my tomahawk last sunday too. i was on a bus listening to ipod w tomahawk. then the sound started breaking like as if i never switch te amp on. took a look at e amp the LED was off. so i flick it to the other direciton thinking that i might have accidentally switch it off (they were in my waist pouch). nothing happened. then flick the the switch up again and the LED came on and everything was back per normal...dunno wat happened too.
confused.gif

now the amp is working perfectly

Make sure the back panel, battery compartment panel, is flat against the body of the amp. The thumb nuts should be tight all the way & secured. If not you will experience what you discribed.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure the back panel, battery compartment panel, is flat against the body of the amp. The thumb nuts should be tight all the way & secured. If not you will experience what you discribed.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

thanks! these days i will check the thumb nuts once a while to ensure its tight. haven had the problem since then. anyway, the amp is getting better by the days( now w about 200hrs burn in). they are so pleasant to listen to now that am like addicted to it....sometimes anti- social even ( my colleagues throw paper ball at me to get my attention when they want t tell me something cos i am in my own little world!!!
k1000smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back