Something to run directly from soundcard...
Jun 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

manofmathematics

500+ Head-Fier
Okay, so my home rig is slowly being pieced out (Excuse me while I sob for a moment..
frown.gif
..okay, better) and I'm going to go back to a very simplistic approach....A good pair of cans right from my soundcard. Now, I've only heard a couple of Grado's and the HD600 and HD650 driven by my soundcard, and of course, Grado's are the clear winner there. Being a pretty big fan of Grado I'm considering RS-1 or RS-2, but my question is this....What else is out there that I haven't heard that would work nicely being driven directly from my X-Fi?

The typical stuff...Budget is currently maximum of $650.00 and I listen to Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, etc....A lot of Jazz and a good deal of early 90's rock.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards just dropping it all on RS-1's . Oh yeah, I will be amping again in the future, but will be something right on the desktop, probably Headroom Millet...you get the idea.

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 4
After some quick reading, the AD2000 seems like it may have a sound that I'll enjoy. It seems the RS-1 gets favored though. Will have to read further for the why's. Anyways, where's a good place to buy a pair of AD2000? I don't think TTVJ or Headroom carries them. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back