Something to replace my BOSE TRIPORTS..
Feb 2, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
I am happy with the sound of all of these actually. latest one i got was hd497 which is great, but i think im going to let it go soon. to me they sound pretty similar to sr60s. KSC-75 you cannot go wrong with..they are excellent for the price, and with better, to me, bass than SR-60s (however im not sure they are burned in yet..i hear the bass improves some). MS-1 has to be my favourite. they are definitely burned in, i got them from a user here, so maybe that is why, who knows.

ooh and i bought PX100 for a friend for his bday (also from a user here) and was veeery impressed. i really really liked them (i had to try them before giving them away
smily_headphones1.gif
). for such a small size they blew me away. also very comfy.

Grado SR60
Alessandro MS-1
Senn PXC250
Senn HD497
PA2V2
KSC-75
Senn HD201
Senn PX100

Nice, thanks for the post.

I know everyone says how the ksc75 are great value and everything, but do they seriously compare to the hd497 and sr60?

Also, does the pa2v2 amp really make a difference in sound quality when using these headphones?

Thanks for the help.

Feb 2, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #32 of 41
Yes, many say that KSC's are anywhere from 80-90% Grado SR60 falling just short of some qualities that Grados have...for me, maybe not so much. Another thing is, the grados sit much better on my head, the koss dont fit too well, they arent very tight on my ears, so i constantly think about them..for you it might not be a problem. (if you can get a hold of ksc35s i would recommend that for a tighter fit...they were atleast tighter for me). people say you can bend the 75s to make them fit better...i was not able to do this. but when you push them against your ears, they sound much better, bass improves.

as for the amp...im probably one of the few people that got an amp NOT to increase the performance of the heaphones but to increase the damn volume
smily_headphones1.gif

i always put my cd player to the max volume, and it was still never enough, and now its great hehe.

grados sound great without an amp, and dont really need one if you are fine with the volume. same goes for ms-1's...i'll be honest, there isnt much difference that i could hear..maybe a little more bassy
confused.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #33 of 41
Say Bruh, This is a good post, prevents me from making my own....

I have a similar problem, I really need some audiophile help from you guys.

Please keep in mind I will not be using an amplifier....

I want a good headphone to replace my Triport pieces of crap. The Sound is great (From a "regular" persons view) but the ******* things break like nobody's business. The sound is great, and they are 5 oz. But I still think they're big, But fine. Can you guys please refer me to something that is the same size, closed (Isolated sound) and not so "Doofy" looking? Like, Anything with great sound, but don't look like I have dinner plates on my head, I still have to talk to the chics you know? Regardless, these things sound great (to me, maybe not to you) and keep in mind Im not an audiophile.....Yet.

Thanks much.

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

nothing will get you more girls that Grados.

Not for girls man, Just saying not to look like a complete geek with headphones the size of a laptop.

Are the grados Closed? Because I am from NYC and that means alot of outside noise, especially when Im on that train.

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollaboy
Not for girls man, Just saying not to look like a complete geek with headphones the size of a laptop.

Are the grados Closed? Because I am from NYC and that means alot of outside noise, especially when Im on that train.

heh..was just joking. you really dont want grados..they leak alot..not good for the city

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

heh..was just joking. you really dont want grados..they leak alot..not good for the city

So.......you're just not gonna bother giving me an alternative?

You suck at the internet.

LOL, anyhow, do you mind IM'ing me?

Dollaboy667 on AIM

This back and forth thing is getting ridiculous.

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

heh sorry..im typing with one hand...while on the phone iwith my gf.

dont have aim...but im here lots, so dont worry..plus someone here might help you as well./

And........

You still don't bother to give an alternative....

Dude, you're a message board failure.

Can someone help me out?

Ipod.

Bose Triport.

Don't want Bose Triport anymore.

Likes Bose Triport sound, style, and size.

Closed, Isolated.

Non-amp listening, Sreet and laptop.

Please.

Feb 2, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Grado SR60
Alessandro MS-1
Senn PXC250
Senn HD497
PA2V2
KSC-75
Senn HD201
Senn PX100

Hmm, this reminds me of myself.

The Alessandro MS-1 is an excellent value and probably the best-sounding headphone at the US$100 range. If you like it, there's a good chance you'll also like the higher-end Grados, especially the HF-1 and RS-1.

The ATH-ES7 is a closed supraaural portable headphone and sounds good. It's competitive with the HD25-1, although it's midbass can be a bit too strong.

I also own a pair of Bose TriPorts. It has a broken headband.

Click to view

Users who are viewing this thread

Back