Something to power my alpha primes
Jan 5, 2016 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rick900

New Head-Fier
Currently have the O2/ODAC rev b but the volume is not very loud even at full volume so looking for something more powerful to power my alpha primes, any recommendations? Cost is not an issue.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 5
  Currently have the O2/ODAC rev b but the volume is not very loud even at full volume so looking for something more powerful to power my alpha primes, any recommendations? Cost is not an issue.

The Schiit Asgard 2 can power the APs really nicely and doesn't cost that much and sounds awesome. I like to listen to music (electronic & metal mostly) at pretty high volume and have the volume knob at about 12PM. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 5
   The Schiit Asgard 2 can power the APs really nicely and doesn't cost that much and sounds awesome. I like to listen to music (electronic & metal mostly) at pretty high volume and have the volume knob at about 12PM. 

Looks good but can I just use the dac in my o2/odac or will I need to purchase a separate dac to connect to the asgard 2?

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 5
  Looks good but can I just use the dac in my o2/odac or will I need to purchase a separate dac to connect to the asgard 2?

I'm sorry I don't know whether you can "bypass" the amp of the o2/odac combo and use it as a standalone dac
confused.gif
. You will probably get an answer to that question easily as it is a very popular amp/dac here in Head-Fi.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 5
I think it depends on the build as to whether or not you can use the DAC only of the O2/ODAC, but I think most builds you cannot.  I'm assuming you've tried high gain on the O2?  I would probably just go bifrost 4490 DAC and Lyr2 amp.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back