something to bridge the gap between akg 420 and grado sr325i
Feb 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
i've been looking for something to bridge the gap between the only two headphones i currently own. i won't go with a lower grado, because i find the cables aren't very easy to live with (i've decided to go recable my current ones to something that's a little more tangle resistant), but i had been looking at akg's mini headphones.

my local audio store can get the k 480 nc's in by next week, but i was wondering whether anybody else has tried these, and what they think of them. for the price, i quite liked the k 420's (they were cheaper than the koss porta pro's, and better sounding, in my opinion, to boot)

is there any other phones i should be looking out for? budget of about £160. noise cancelling (which the k 480's have) isn't a feature i was even looking for, but my shop couldn't get hold of the k 450's, and akg's site says they can be used without the noise cancelling, which is good for me.

thanks (i haven't been here for a while because i kept locking myself out putting in the wrong password)

EDIT: music i listen to is various forms of rock, including metal and classic rock. but mostly progressive.

the headphones, either, don't have to be small like akg's mini's, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back