Something to block out idiot neighbors' dogs
Mar 5, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stereophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turn this soundmasker way up; and no one will hear anything when the dogs disappear...

Haha...I live in SF as well, the Ingleside district...no sound there haha...go go Avenues? Lolx! Use his proggie + the HD280s, no more issue anymore haha

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #32 of 42
ha, yes something like that

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #33 of 42
There are some meds that help in keeping dogs more calm (homeopathic ones I mean). You could feed it to them trough the fence but is probably a little unethical towards the owners if you do that without telling them.
(shooting them probably even more
tongue.gif
) But it'll cost you money but it's the best one I can come up with if talking to the owners has no effect at all.
Good luck to you with this problem. I hope you will succeed in finding working sollution.

Ow wait just found another one....

http://www.odordestroyer.com/Merchan..._Code=k9kalmer

And it has even got to do with music haha!!!

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #34 of 42
Laws about dogs vary from place to place. Many cities have noisey animal ordinances which can be enforced by the police or by civil action. I had a neighbor one time who had nuisance dogs and we met in what the city called a "bow-wow pow-wow." About 30 neighbors showed up to complain.

The neighbor finally ended up with a city prosecutor going after him in civil court. The neighbor fought this, went through 2 or 3 different lawyers and when he was finally convicted, pled poverty. The judge reduced the fine from $400.00 to $200.00. I estimated that he spent easily $4,000.00 for his lawyers and I belive he paid the city's costs. I was called as a witness by the city although I was not the main complainant.

He finally got involved in a trespass action with his side neighbor (the details are too weird to believe) and settled on the first day of trial by agreeing to move out.

You can possibly bring a civil lawsuit for nuisance and associated matters. Might be cheaper to try an electronic, ultrasonic dog whistle.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #35 of 42
for the op:

you assume the cops would not do anything, but you have not tried the cops. here is how you do it:

- call the cops next time the dogs disturb you (the local non-emergency line)
- get the names and badge numbers of the cops
- have them talk to your neighbors about the noise
- repeat every time the dogs' barking disturbs you

i know it takes some courage to face the situation head on, but it beats inneffectual sneaky methods that could get you arrested or shot (for example, when i was a boy i had a dog one of our neighbors gave poisoned meat which killed her. today, if i saw a you secretly giving my dog something to eat i would be inclined to attack you). so stop making excuses and get on with the work at hand.

you have a young child at home and you should not have to put up with that kind of disturbance of your peace.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #37 of 42
http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_Pro.htm

I would go talk to them and stay there until they did something about it. There's nothing wrong with being firm and patient until they see the light. I love dogs and mine are morons too. They bark until they see me coming and that's it. When I'm not home I use a smaller version of the above link and they still bark but only briefly.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Laws about dogs vary from place to place. Many cities have noisey animal ordinances which can be enforced by the police or by civil action. I had a neighbor one time who had nuisance dogs and we met in what the city called a "bow-wow pow-wow." About 30 neighbors showed up to complain.

The neighbor finally ended up with a city prosecutor going after him in civil court. The neighbor fought this, went through 2 or 3 different lawyers and when he was finally convicted, pled poverty. The judge reduced the fine from $400.00 to $200.00. I estimated that he spent easily $4,000.00 for his lawyers and I belive he paid the city's costs. I was called as a witness by the city although I was not the main complainant.

He finally got involved in a trespass action with his side neighbor (the details are too weird to believe) and settled on the first day of trial by agreeing to move out.

You can possibly bring a civil lawsuit for nuisance and associated matters. Might be cheaper to try an electronic, ultrasonic dog whistle.

this is probably the best solution. a polite society must have a way to deal with those whose selfishness makes them a nuisance to the community. i would take this option in an instant over calling the cops.

spacemanspliff
have you ever personally had to deal with nuisence neighbors? i have, on many occasions, and if i had to do it over again i would never get personally invovled again. i call the police. take it from someone who almost had his head blown off by a meth addict for asking him to turn down his subwoofer.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #39 of 42
i know a friend who had similar issues, first he called animal control,, his neighbor was fined 500 dollers twice, then the neighbor has called the cops on my friend for having a late night gears of war marathon. my friend would then keep a bar of ex-lax at the door, and once every few days would throw a piece into they're yard, (really just a smoothed out plane of dog **** about 10 by 10) , aparantly for a week strait that shar-pie shat every 20 minutes, all over the house. my friend hasn't heard the dogs since except for brief outrages, but they don't leave them outside unattended anymore. man that was funny. you could even smell the **** in their trash.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #40 of 42
Get some cheap steaks and soak them in paraquat - then lob over the fence
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for the op:

you assume the cops would not do anything, but you have not tried the cops. here is how you do it:

- call the cops next time the dogs disturb you (the local non-emergency line)
- get the names and badge numbers of the cops
- have them talk to your neighbors about the noise
- repeat every time the dogs' barking disturbs you

i know it takes some courage to face the situation head on, but it beats inneffectual sneaky methods that could get you arrested or shot (for example, when i was a boy i had a dog one of our neighbors gave poisoned meat which killed her. today, if i saw a you secretly giving my dog something to eat i would be inclined to attack you). so stop making excuses and get on with the work at hand.

you have a young child at home and you should not have to put up with that kind of disturbance of your peace.

i wholeheartedly agree with this post... although, i do admit that i have used my dog whistle for the forces of evil at times. my insomnia is bad enough, i don't need the German Shepherd 10 feet away from my bed yapping all night.

the cops WILL do something about it, all you have to do is annoy them as much as the dogs annoy you. if you're persistent, things will happen- complaining about the noise late at night from my old neighbors got 'em busted for dealing crack...

also i just have to post my special picture:

003RedneckGun2-1.jpg

;D

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know a friend who had similar issues, first he called animal control,, his neighbor was fined 500 dollers twice, then the neighbor has called the cops on my friend for having a late night gears of war marathon. my friend would then keep a bar of ex-lax at the door, and once every few days would throw a piece into they're yard, (really just a smoothed out plane of dog **** about 10 by 10) , aparantly for a week strait that shar-pie shat every 20 minutes, all over the house. my friend hasn't heard the dogs since except for brief outrages, but they don't leave them outside unattended anymore. man that was funny. you could even smell the **** in their trash.

lol. Amazing idea!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back