Something Portable/Closed that sounds like HD598
Jan 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Goymer

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

So basically I have some HD598 Senn's which I think more or less sound absolutely perfect and are super comfortable etc.

Now what I would love is if they were portable and closed. Obviously that's not going to happen, but are there any recommendations for the type of sound I like. I'd say they were warm, natural sounding, utterly non fatiguing and comfortable. No boomy bass please.

I have looked at the PX100..but they are open so i'm not sure how useful they'd be outside, on the train etc. I've not listened to them only read reviews are they and nice and cheap.

I'm not ruling out IEM's but I have little experience with them, I have some CX300's (I think) and they are ok..but obviously not great. I doubt if there are any that sound like what i'm after? I always assume the bigger the headphone, the easier it is for it to sound good..probably.

Design wise, I think those aiaiai tm1 look great, but I really cannot find anything good about how they sound. Very recessed mids i'm guessing. I'd rather spend less than £100 to be honest but i'd still like to take all recommendations for future reference.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 3
The EtymotiHF5, UETF10Pro i find are closest match to the Sennheiser HD598 in term of soundsignature and they are very revealing and UE offer better punchy bass but HF5 has better clarity in mids, highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back