Something Peculiar
Apr 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mAsh

Head-Fier
I made a thread some months ago that my then newly acquired Elpac power supply for my Home-Vibe was making my amp produce muffled and low-volume sound. This was done with my EMU-0404 as source. I thought I wasted my money.

However, today, I connected the powersupply with the amp, but this time the source was my NW-HD1 at line-out. And the music was just fine. I connect the amp to my EMU, and the problem arises again.

Does anyone know why, and if there is a solution?

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Perhaps the volume for one of your strips or the main volume control in Patchmix is set at a very large negative gain? If this is true, then set the volume levels to 0 db. I doubt this is the problem though, because i'm sure you wouldve noticed this.
biggrin.gif

- Steve

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Coal
Perhaps the volume for one of your strips or the main volume control in Patchmix is set at a very large negative gain? If this is true, then set the volume levels to 0 db. I doubt this is the problem though, because i'm sure you wouldve noticed this.
biggrin.gif

- Steve

No the patchmix is fine. I wish it was that.
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 5
I get low volume with the emu1212m and the sonic impact running off of batteries. Not sure why, but it would seem that our problems are related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back