Something lil better?
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BL33DnEaRs

100+ Head-Fier
Ok fellas, I come looking not for repeated speculations and third party opinions.  Im looking for a set of cans.  I have a couple.  The "best" I have are some Ultrasone HFI 580s.  Im looking for an upgrade.  I mostly listen to metal, sometimes hard rock.  My rig is IPC 7th gen, mostly FLACs, L9 LOD, JDS C5.  I searched and found alot talk about M50's.  How comfy?  What about DT 770s?  Ohms?  Budget not really an issue, just like the best bang for the buck. Almost forgot, must be over the ears, cant stand on ears...

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 5
The V-Moda M100 pair perfect with rock/metal and are my favorite portables. Durability is great, highs sing, has good bass impact and sub bass, vocals are slightly recessed, but not enough to matter with rock or metal, in my opinion, and with the XL pads V-Moda sells, comfort is sublime.

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, Ive read the LPs are pretty muddy.  Id rather buy one time, so if there is a "blanket" set of HPs that are a good mixture of durability, clarity, comfortable, those are the ones Im looking for.  Im not too worried about trendy.

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 5
  Thanks, Ive read the LPs are pretty muddy.  Id rather buy one time, so if there is a "blanket" set of HPs that are a good mixture of durability, clarity, comfortable, those are the ones Im looking for.  Im not too worried about trendy.

The LPs are a little muddy, but the M100 is definitely not the LPs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back