Something like the E10, but with Red/White Audio RCA Inputs?
Nov 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
I have the E10.  It works very nicely for everything I need it to be.  The thing is, it won't connect to my BluRay player at all.  It only serves as a laptop dac/amp which is kind of annoying.  I have a seperate BluRay player hooked up to a projector and want to listen to my Fostex T50rp's while watching BluRay movies, but it's impossible since the E10 can't be used seperate from a laptop.  Would the E7/E9 combo work better for this probably right?  But it doesn't have the DAC quality the E10 does from what I've been reading since the E10 is much newer.  The E9 probably has a way better amp so I am not worried about that.  Would anyone trade me their E7/E9 combo for my E10?  I guess I can sacrifice worse quality audio, can't be that much worse for a setup that would work for my BluRay.  Thanks!

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 6
You could always get the E7/E9 combo and swap the E7 for the E17 when it comes out if you're concerned about the DAC quality. I'm using the E7/E9 right now with my laptop (not with the RCA inputs though,) and am liking it a lot.

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 6

If this is a trade thread should it not be in the classifieds and not in the discussion forum or is this a true discussion?
Quote:
yeah but its a little overpriced, would you trade yours for mine or not :wink:

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't understand what you are looking for but an e9 don't have a RCA input.
Even it has a 3.5mm jack, but that means it is an analog signal, so there is no point getting an e7

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 6
eh I will just keep the E10 I guess.  no need for the Blu Ray anymore.  i will wait until all movies are out on Blu Ray like they are on DVDs.  it seems like it's taking longer for Blu Ray to come out than it is when DVDs first came out.  almost everything is on DVD now.  seems like Blu Ray is taking longer.  could be because they are so darn expensive yet in this bad economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back