Something is wrong with my laptop
Oct 30, 2006 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
After a year and a half of faithful service, my Acer 8104 is having some issue with the screen. Sometimes, it will spaz out and get patches of red or green flickering on it for less than a second or so. Then (so far) it goes away for a few minutes or hours and then does it again.

Is there any kind of software issue that could be causeing this, or does this pretty much mean I have a hardware problem?

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 5
Looks like a contact problem with the graphics "card" (module) or an issue with the screen connection - definitely hardware.

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 5
This sounds like a hardware issue. I have one of those horrible HP ZD7000 17" monster laptops that was cursed with overheating issues. My video card burned out 3 times before they finally did a redesign of the motherboard and went with a new ATI gpu. I had similar problems to what you are describing when my computer was nearing its demise.

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 5
I had the same curse with the ZD7000. It killed 3 vidiocards and two keyboards. I think it was getting fixed more often then I had it. It took Best Buy's no lemon policy to get me into my current Sony SZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back