Something is wrong with my headphone and cold play ( Speed of sound)
Apr 21, 2006 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
When Im playing Speed of sound, I hear singing in only the left side..but most of the other songs is pretty much in the middle. i sense that in cold play, the begining is coming from the left side...

Anybody heard speed of sound( its pretty famous and good song), is the singer suppose to sing in the middle or the left side. Thanks

Apr 21, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 17
The problem is the music, not the headphone...the headphone is just too good for it
icon10.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 17
Nope, the vocals are pretty much centered. But yeah, the piano intro is a little biased to the left but not by much.

Apr 21, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
The problem is the music, not the headphone...the headphone is just too good for it
icon10.gif

It really is a curse to be noticing how bad some recordings are with great cans or speakers. (I can't judge X&Y as I never heard it)

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 17
X&Y sounds dynamically compressed and loud. Instrument separation is quite bad IMHO.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 17
I dont understand is why is the begining of speed of sound, it sounds like the singing from the left side....so its all centered? The guy that sings speed of sound is not the lead singer right?

cuz in other songs, the there's singing in the middle but its not the same guy as speed as sound...

sorry if im being too confusing

the piano is definely from the left side...but the guy that sings it is in the left also....hmmmm

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 17
Nope he's the same guy. The lead singer I mean. Are you playing it off the original CD or have you ripped it (or gasp! downloaded)? Anyway, I think that copy is bad. Vocals are definitely centered and the piano intro is panned to the left but not by much. The piano sound on the right is just a bit softer.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 17
its ripped.....yea i can tell the piano is coming from the left side. the softer piano is coming from the right..I just cked my whole album..its like that...I think i enocded it bad....

I just heard some of the other albums and they seem fine.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 17
I'll use Hotel California as an example

When the song begins...You hear some type of string or piano instrument(I think its more of a string instrument, its playing in the center), then you hear some sort of shaker instrument( sounds like things shaking) song on the left, then some soft piano on the left(this part is important cause on my koss75 i dont hear this), then the guy starts singing...then you hear some type of instrument on the right side( Can somebody tell me wut instruement that is?)

Is this pretty much accurate? Im using the A900 so the soundstage might be a bit wider than neccessary...

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
I'll use Hotel California as an example

When the song begins...You hear some type of string or piano instrument(I think its more of a string instrument, its playing in the center), then you hear some sort of shaker instrument( sounds like things shaking) song on the left, then some soft piano on the left(this part is important cause on my koss75 i dont hear this), then the guy starts singing...then you hear some type of instrument on the right side( Can somebody tell me wut instruement that is?)

Is this pretty much accurate? Im using the A900 so the soundstage might be a bit wider than neccessary...

I guess you are talking about the Hell Freezes Over version. There is no piano in that version. They are both acoustic guitars. There are two of thos "shaker instruments". The one on the right goes "shichk shick...shick shick" and the the one on the left side is a deeper into the mix and just goes, "schick...schick". There's a phase difference between both these sounds. After he starts singing, I don't hear new instrument other than a bass gutar line and the two acoustic guitars.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #13 of 17
Oh that is the original version. The instrument on the right is just a cymbal. There still is no piano, it's an electric guitar.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #14 of 17
Yea I listen to the Hell freezes over version all the time and that doesnt seem right to me. The firt instrument (acoustic guitar is coming from the right).

As for Coldplay, I find that their first cd, Parachutes, is the only somewhat good recording they have made. Rush and X&Y both are very compressed and non-dynamic. It's too bad because they are such a great band, parachutes is a joy to listen to.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #15 of 17
sorry, i just dont know the instruements well enough.

the two guitars are on the left side, while on the right its just the cymbals right? that sounds more like it

There is a shaker on the left side...but not on the right side....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back