Something better than the Topping D3X Pro+?
Jan 27, 2024 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

davidrf

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I use Topping D3X Pro+ with Headfiman Sundaras and Sennheiser 595 (Sundaras 99% of the time, though). I wonder if there's a DAC/headphone amp combo under 350$/€ with which I could hear a significant sound improvement over the D3x Pro+. Thanks a lot!

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 3
I've had them a few times and for a significant improvement, sell those headphones and get an open box Hifiman Ananda Nano which are a big improvement.
I've got two DX5's and they are better, but for an audible jump it would take something like a Topping E70 velvet and A30Pro which I've also got and the combo is fantastic if it's in the budget. The L70 is great too, I just like the A30 Pro since it has the same power on all connectors.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 3
I've had them a few times and for a significant improvement, sell those headphones and get an open box Hifiman Ananda Nano which are a big improvement.
I've got two DX5's and they are better, but for an audible jump it would take something like a Topping E70 velvet and A30Pro which I've also got and the combo is fantastic if it's in the budget. The L70 is great too, I just like the A30 Pro since it has the same power on all connectors.
With Anandas I will get a noticeable improvement even keeping the D3X Pro+? And why the nano and not the normal Anandas? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back