Something better than Sansa Clip (Small/Compact Form Factor)
Mar 16, 2009 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Chingyul

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I've been looking into getting a small DAP for activities (gym, hiking, skating).
I was originally planning to go with the shuffle, but really wanted a screen so if I take it camping, I could change songs/albums at night.
Anyways, I stumbled upon the Sansa Clip while cruising around here and it's looking pretty good.

Haven't been following MP3 player developments, but are there any other models I should be looking at and considering? I figured a small capacity player
would be fine since it's not used for my collection.

Thanks.

PS: Without making a new thread, I think I also need some sport buds. I'm thinking something rubbery that won't fall out. Also something like a bud, or compact clip on (something I could sleep with while camping and make use of a sleep feature on the player). The Senn sports line seems to get some mixed reviews here. Anything else?

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 15
Check out the Fuze as well.

It is partially metal so it's a lot sturdier than the clip.

The clip is a great player though. There is nothing but praise for the sound of both players.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 15
I use my Nano 1G when working out, but I've messed around with a friend's clip. It really is a nice and small player, planning on replacing my Nano with it. Personally, since I'm working out, I don't care for sound quality since the machines usually make too much noise and I'm too paranoid with working out with my Shures. I work out with iBuds that came with my Touch. I don't care if they (Nano/iBuds) break so I take it even to the steam room/sauna. I've done it for about a year now and neither have broken even from the waper vapor/abuse, although the iBuds have turned a nice shade of beige/yellow.

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 15
iPod Nano-C small form factor (thin) and loads of accessories.
iRiver LPlayer (Poor battery)
Creative Zen / XFi

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 15
There isn't anything better in the same range.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpjimmy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon D2! And you can get a 16gb SDHC card to expand the memory even further.

too big.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There isn't anything better in the same range.

It's true. Want smaller? Use proprietary earbuds, get worse SQ, and no screen with the new shuffle. Want better build quality? Do the same. Want better sound quality? Buy an iMod. Want higher capacity? Get two Clips. Want cheaper? Don't kid yourself
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #13 of 15
ebay the 3G and go buy a new one now, why wait for it to die so you can get no money for it?

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true. Want smaller? Use proprietary earbuds, get worse SQ, and no screen with the new shuffle. Want better build quality? Do the same. Want better sound quality? Buy an iMod. Want higher capacity? Get two Clips. Want cheaper? Don't kid yourself
wink.gif

since the only person on here that has tried the new shuffle says that the SQ is really nice, I wonder how you came to this conclusion?? I do agree the workaround to use other HP's with it is a PITA and stoopid, but I dont see how you can bash the SQ unless youve tried it??

I take all that back if you have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back