Something better/comparable to "Creative Sound Blasterx g6"?
Jul 6, 2020 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Milo1230

New Head-Fier
So I currently have this guy and really do enjoy it for the most part. But man.. I had the PCI version of this guy in my rig and of course (interference issues). Past 3 months I am starting to get some of the same issues w/ the external version. Replaced my $220 dollar cans (which I thought was the culprit, long story) - nope. .

So a part of me is like, you know what what ELSE is out there?! I am looking for the same price range or something a little higher is ok. I reallllyy digg the software (customization for this guy). Open to suggestions : )

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Not sure of anything that has its range of DSP options and also include a powerful amp stage, but you could likely get something similar by combining a “gaming” DAC with an external Amp.

Off hand, I would suggest looking into the Epos GSX 300 or Creative X3 paired with something like the JDS Atom or Schiit Magni Heresy. The GSX 300/X3 would have all your software functions, while the Atom or Magni would provide almost future-proof amplification to your headphones.

Combined, either of these combinations would be about $200, which is ~$50 more than the G6, but you’ll get a far better product overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back