Someone stop me buying some UM-2s!
Jul 13, 2005 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

probedb

Head-Fier
I have ebay open and I soo want to buy some to upgrade from my E2cs but my brain is telling me they're too much money.
etysmile.gif
Would go on a CC anyways.

E2cs just not good enough and not enough bass. I listen to my ipod for 2hrs just travelling to/from work and then varying amounts at work during the day.

I think they're worth it. Any reason I shouldn't buy other than the whole lots of money thing
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by probedb
I have ebay open and I soo want to buy some to upgrade from my E2cs but my brain is telling me they're too much money.
etysmile.gif
Would go on a CC anyways.

E2cs just not good enough and not enough bass. I listen to my ipod for 2hrs just travelling to/from work and then varying amounts at work during the day.

I think they're worth it. Any reason I shouldn't buy other than the whole lots of money thing
wink.gif

You won't get me to suggest anything but the UM-2!

I would consider eaphonesolutions.com for vendor, they did me right. I'm sure they will match any legit price you can get.

You can read my review on their site (as well as this one if you search for it)

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 8
I was thinking about buying the UM-2's as well. However, after researching all my options. I decided to go with something less expensive, yet from what I've read, way more detailed and precise.

I decided on the Stax SR-001's. If you do a simple search on this for Stax SR-001's, you'll find more then a couple threads discussing how great they are compared to the UM2's.

So that was my decision, and I think you should check the Stax out as well.

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by probedb
Yet another option! I'll have a search
smily_headphones1.gif
Cheers.

Oh, and you should focus on catscratch's posts. He has the UM2's as well as the Stax.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 8
Ok, don't buy the UM2s. Buy some super.fi's instead!

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 8
OK, well I officially have no money now. Once they turn up they're going on warm up for 2 days with random music at moderate volume.

I can only give them a try. I've heard loads of goods reviews, one or too disappointed reviews. I've heard this with pretty much everything that's been recommended to me so the only way I can decide is to take the plunge and get some and try! There's always eBay if they don't work out, I'll just buy a spare set of plugs should I not want them.

Now why won't my damned iPod play FLAC, grumble, grumble...unless there's an easy way to convert to Apple Lossless I guess LAME -V 0 is the best it gets
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back