SOMEONE HAND ME A TOWEL (AH-D2000)
Jun 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61
To wipe the drool from my face. So I bite the bullet and finally order the Denon D-2000s. I've been fighting the urge for months. I told myself I wouldn't spend over $200 for another set of cans. I've had just about every can $150 and under.
Which I have only kept the Denon D-1000s. And I still believe they are the BEST cans under $150 and even now you can get them near $100.
I spent $100s just to find out. Yeah I guess I could have just went all out for the D-2000s. I WISH I did, all the low end Senns,ES7, and other crap cans woulda saved me alot of headache. But learning I guess?
So I buy the Denon D-2000 from amazon on Friday and they get here this morning. I had stuff to do so I left them on my Com station. I knew if I opened them I'd get nothing done today
smily_headphones1.gif

So the first thing I do is grab my Japanese 1st pressing of Scorpions-In Trance
(My metal/rock Cd of choice for testing)
HOLY HELL!!!!! Now we are talking!!! These cans ROCK and ROCK hard!!!
The D-2000s take up were the D-1000s stop and increase it 10 fold.
And these are just out of the box, I can't wait until a few more hours are on these bad boys.
After all the reviews of people saying the Bass is a mess??? What are you all smoking??? These things are PERFECT!!!! The highs are super crisp, personally I like the sound of the Denons mids-They have the same quality of the D-1000s but they do it much better. The Bass is very well balanced.
Maybe just a tad more impact?, But I haven't tried them in any of my rigs yet. This is straight out of my modded G4 MDD Mac. Which has Awesome Audio.
I don't see how many more cans could top these. I'm in heaven!!!!
I say if you are even thinking about the Denon D-2000s, stop waiting,click the pay button
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish I did sooner!!!!

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 61
I hate to sound like a snob, but calling "perfect headphones" without a point of reference other than sub $150 headphones is not very qualified.

I personally didn't think the bass was a mess. But I didn't think it was very well balanced nor even having super crisp highs.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 61
I've never really understood the 'Bass is out of control' comments either. I have DT770s, and their bass is out of control, but not the D2/5000s.

Welcome to the club
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 61
Good thing you only bought the under $150 cans up to now. I've bought many $300-500 cans (DT880/990, K701, HD650, Grados of all sorts) and I still prefer the D2000 over all of them, so you got off lucky that you didn't buy all those more expensive cans first.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 61
Thank you. I just needed this to be sure to order a Denon AH-D2000.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 61
Here you are...
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]Not just one, but four. he he[/size]

PICASSO%20POOL%20TOWEL_1.jpg

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 61
@ Assorted, Maybe you're right. My most expensive cans I have ever owned are the Senn HD 595. I started with Hd 201 and went up. Thinking the veil would go away somewhere? Never happened so I gave up at the 595( since now-long gone) I've tried the Dt-700, (recently sold to Redmike), Es7,Rp-21,Sony V6, ect!!
So I guess I should put the Denons up against what I know. NONE of those cans come close to these-NONE!!!!

For me these are the PERFECT cans, I'm sure there're Better? D5000
smily_headphones1.gif

But personally the Denons have the sound sig I like. They work well with alot of music... And fit my needs perfect...
Dcc Gold Dreamboat Annie-feels like Ann and Nancy are here in my room
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 61
Totally agree. I've had my D2000's for about 2 weeks now and I'm continually amazed, with music across all genres. I'm coming from a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, and the difference is night and day. The A700's aren't bad, but man the Denon's blow them away.

Everything from Immortal to Clutch, from Paramore to Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins, it's just jaw-dropping sound.

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soo curious now

...**mumbles bitterly**

No kidding. Wish there was a way of auditioning before buying. There's also the option of having them markl modded to consider.

*sigh*

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soo curious now

...**mumbles bitterly**

That very same curiosity got the better of me last week and I impulsively bought the D2000 used for $190. The next day they were on eBay--and still are, I believe from a distributor in AZ--brand new for $198/shipped. double sigh!

Anyway, the pair I just bought (w/about 250 hours) are due to arrive this Friday. : )

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 61
this is a classic case of finding headphones with the "perfect" sound signature for you
wink.gif

(well not PERFECT but very very close)

i personally would love to find the perfect can for my metal/not super bass heavy needs.

my 770's are nearly perfect for my bumpin' trance/occational rap, but my AKG k240's still need to be a bit crisper and tighter bass wise (hence me ordering the cable signified in my sig)

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 61
I really enjoy my d2k's they are the best headphones I have heard yet. I also don't think they are too bass heavy, and I listen to just about everything but rap. Maybe this should be the D2000 appreciation thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back