Some things I noticed about MX500s
Oct 25, 2001 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tvhead

100+ Head-Fier
At first, I felt like the mx500s lacked so much when I compared them to my ksc-50s. (Why not just carry these things around?)But after listening to them for a little while, my ears adapted and got used to the lack of bass and fullness..I was starting to think that they totally had enough bass.

I always noticed that the music sounded a lot better at night and when my eyes were closed. This totally turned things around with the mx500s. I finally heard what people were raving about.

Someone started a thread about this night deal, but the responses were going off about balanced power lines and such. I'm using batteries. I think just need no distractions.

Wow, these were dumb comments.

Oct 26, 2001 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 3
I just got the KSC50's and MX500's about two weeks ago. At first I the thought the MX500's sounded muddy and boomy, and I much preferred the KSC50's.

Then a couple of nights ago I decided to try the MX500's again. I found that I'd been wearing them much too firmly in my ears without the foamies. Now I'm wearing them just far enough in my ears to keep them secure with the foamies (I'll pull them down and away from my ears after inserting them), and now I can hear the sound that everyone raves about. I'd say that the detail in the midrange is as good as my V6's. Now my KSC50's are idle as I'm enjoying the sound of the MX500's much more.

If anyone is interested I got them for 14.95 and the shipping was only 90 cents for UPS ground.

http://store.yahoo.com/expressaudiovideo/senmx.html

Oct 26, 2001 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 3
I feel like we are the same person, because I bought my mx500s from the same place you did. I bought my ksc-50s just a couple weeks ago also. I own the v6, but unfortunately I've misplaced them. I was liking my sr-60s so much I stopped listening to my v6 all together. I've got to find those stupid things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back