Some questions background noise
Feb 1, 2016 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LewisASTL

New Head-Fier
Hello mates,
Please have some patience if the following question seem simple to you, i was unable to find a precise answer on the internet.

If i have a .FLAC recording of sometimes ago, with some background noise. Call that "Love her madly" from The Doors.

An headset allow me to hear more of the background noise, while the 2nd headphone does not.

What does it means?

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Usually it means one of two things.

The first is that the headphone you cannot hear the noise with does not adequately capture that frequency. It may have a dip or slight attenuation at that frequency and this mask the noise.

The second is that the noise is caused by the headphone impedance is not actually in the track.

Out of curiosity is the headphone you can hear the background noise with a closed headphone while the other one is open?

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 5
  Hello mates,
Please have some patience if the following question seem simple to you, i was unable to find a precise answer on the internet.

If i have a .FLAC recording of sometimes ago, with some background noise. Call that "Love her madly" from The Doors.

An headset allow me to hear more of the background noise, while the 2nd headphone does not.

What does it means?

First of all, what you're likely hearing is tape hiss from the original recording way back the late 60s - early 70s.

Your ability to hear it on one headphone vs another means that one has higher output or a peak in the same range as the hiss.

Pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back